Jeff and Sofia

Consulates that process the NOA2's?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Help!!!

I already filed our I-129 and listed the consulate to forward after CSC processes as Matamoros Consulado.

I went to the Matamoros Consulado website and it did not mention anything about processing these types of visas.

I was updating "My Timeline" on VJ and noticed this consulate was not an option?

Maybe I should have chosen Monterrey, Mexico Consulado.

Does anyone know if I can verify which consulate I should have used for Reynosa, Tamaulipas, Mexico?

And, if I listed the wrong one on my I-129...will I receive an RFE? Can I call and change it at the CSC?

I hope I am wrong. Any help will be appreciated.

04/30/07 - Mailed in I-129F via USPS Express Next Day

05/02/07 - USPS confirms I-129F delivered to T.AKEO at INS, CSC

05/23/07 - CSC confirms receipt of I-129F

05/23/07 - NOA1 mailed

05/25/07 - Check cashed

05/30/07 - NOA1 received

09/10/07 - NOA2 mailed

09/14/07 - NOA2 received

10/19/07 - USCIS, CSC sends to NVC

10/29/07 - NVC sends to Ciudad Juarez

11/15/07 - CJ Consulate sends Fiance Packet - Fiance never receives - Will use American copy

01/03/08 - Medical Exam in Juarez

01/04/08 - Interview at Consulate - K1 VISA APPROVED!!!

Planning a Spring wedding in May!

AOS is next...

JeffandSofiaresize4.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I think all family based visas are processed through Ciudad de Juarez.

ETA: If you wrote the incorrect consulate on your I-129F, they should forward the petition to CDJ regardless.

Edited by jenn3539

Timeline

Sorry, I submitted an I-129F fiance visa. Not family.

Where do I find this information? Please help.

Thank you!!!

05/23/07 - NOA1 mailed

05/25/07 - Check cashed

05/30/07 - NOA1 received

09/10/07 - NOA2 mailed

09/14/07 - NOA2 received

11/15/07 - CJ Consulate sends Fiance Packet - Fiance never receives - Will use American copy

AOS is next...

JeffandSofiaresize4.jpg

Timeline
Sorry, I submitted an I-129F fiance visa. Not family.

Where do I find this information? Please help.

Thank you!!!

Ciudad Juarez is the only consulate in Mexico that processes family-based visas as opposed to tourist or work visas. K1 is a family based visa. You don't need to do anything - USCIS knows that CDJ is the only consulate. Once your I-129F petition is approved and has been processed at the National Visa Center, it will be forwarded to Ciudad Juarez. You should take the time to review the Fiance packet on the CDJ website and read through the Juarez thread in the Foreign Embassy thread.

btw, the consulate doesn't process the NOA2. They do the interview and process all of the required interview documentation.

Edited by kitkat1

Timeline

Thank your all for your direction. I hope you are all right about not receiving an RFE for this oversight.

I have spent all day trying to find anywhere on USCIS or anywhere else for that matter...where it states?:

Ciudad Juarez is the only consulate that processes family immigration visas in Mexico.

Don't get me wrong, I believe you. I checked out the CJ website and reveiwed the "Fiance packet". These resources were not available on Matamoros or Monterrey consulate websites.

But, I'm just confused how I could have missed such an important detail. I am very proud of my I-129F submission, and am confident we should not have any other troubles.

Thank you again for everyone's assistance. Can someone please send me a hyperlink to the site or location where I can find this. I told my fiance about our mistake, but we are OK. We know our lives are in good hands from a higher power... :innocent:

05/23/07 - NOA1 mailed

05/25/07 - Check cashed

05/30/07 - NOA1 received

09/10/07 - NOA2 mailed

09/14/07 - NOA2 received

AOS is next...

JeffandSofiaresize4.jpg

Normally there is only one consulate in each country that handles family based visas. In most cases its the consulate located at the US Embassy in that country. In the case of Mexico, Jaurez consulate handles the interviews and processing for K type visas and other family based visas. You can put another consulate on the form, but when it travels through the NVC, it will get forwarded to the correct consulate in the country.

keTiiDCjGVo

Timeline

This is as close as I can find. It's slightly confusing since K1s are technically non-immigrant visas but they are processed like immigrant visas.

http://mexico.usembassy.gov/mexico/einsinfo.html

D. - Can I obtain my Immigrant Visa and have my fingerprints taken at the CIS Office in Mexico City rather than traveling to Cd. Juarez?

A. - No. The Consulate General in Cd. Juarez is the only immigrant visa issuance post in Mexico, and is the only post which is authorized to take fingerprints required for the criminal history record check as part of the immigrant visa application process. CIS offices overseas do not process immigrant visas, and cannot take fingerprints in normal immigrant visa cases.

http://matamoros.usconsulate.gov/matamoros...y_based_im.html

Further information about the specific categories of immigrant visas listed above and which category a relative may fall under can be obtained from your local immigration office in the United States or in Mexico from the US Consulate in Ciudad Juarez. Contact information is http://ciudadjuarez.usconsulate.gov/ or by phoning (01-900) 849-7474 Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. Calls are charged at the rate of 15 pesos per minute.

Timeline

Thank you kitkat1. I appreciate you taking the time to make me feel better...ha.

This information was anything but obvious. Hopefully Sofia and I will not be penalized.

I do take responsibility, because I definitely should have called the consulates to ask this question. But, I am definitely upset with my local office here in Phoenix. I scheduled an INFO PASS meeting, and the immigration officer said nothing about this when I told them I intended to have this sent to Matamoros!!! Sorry for the rant, but they were no help to me. Until I found VJ, I thought I was totally alone.

Thanks to all!!!

05/23/07 - NOA1 mailed

05/25/07 - Check cashed

05/30/07 - NOA1 received

09/10/07 - NOA2 mailed

09/14/07 - NOA2 received

AOS is next...

JeffandSofiaresize4.jpg

Timeline
Thank you kitkat1. I appreciate you taking the time to make me feel better...ha.

This information was anything but obvious. Hopefully Sofia and I will not be penalized.

I do take responsibility, because I definitely should have called the consulates to ask this question. But, I am definitely upset with my local office here in Phoenix. I scheduled an INFO PASS meeting, and the immigration officer said nothing about this when I told them I intended to have this sent to Matamoros!!! Sorry for the rant, but they were no help to me. Until I found VJ, I thought I was totally alone.

Thanks to all!!!

No it's really not at all obvious - I cannot even remember how I found that out myself. But I'm not surprised the local office didn't know or at INFOPASS - it's not their area of expertise. You won't be penalized - they'll just correct it and send it to CDJ so don't worry about that.

If you haven't already, definitely read through the Juarez thread in this forum - there is a ton of information there and clarification on the details of the K1 process once your file gets to CDJ. Buena Suerte!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.