Joseph palafox

Question regarding tax transcripts

9 posts in this topic

hi guys we recently filed our i130 on march 22. Just waiting for the approval. I have this question about tax transcripts is it required for the interview because i saw thread that said you will be issued 221g if you don’t have a tax transcripts. The manila embassy does not accept w20 or 1020 since they the rule. My brother is my joint sponsor for my wife. I want to know ahead of time so that i could inform my brother. Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

I had my K1 interview at the beginning of this month and I didn't have the tax return transcript of my joint sponsor. They handed me the 221g refusal sheet and asked me to submit the IRS tax return transcript. I immediately emailed them back the tax return transcript. After two weeks in AP, my visa got issued. 

1 minute ago, HA&FA said:

I had my K1 interview at the beginning of this month and I didn't have the tax return transcript of my joint sponsor. They handed me the 221g refusal sheet and asked me to submit the IRS tax return transcript. I immediately emailed them back the tax return transcript. After two weeks in AP, my visa got issued. 

Thanks for the info ill have my brother who is the joint sponsor to get his tax transcripts for the 3 years 

1 hour ago, USS_Voyager said:

My recommendation for this kind of stuff is: get everything. Get the transcripts, the tax returns, the 1040, the W2, the 1099, .... It is always better to over prepare and not need it, then not prepared and need it in the interview.

Thanks for the info. Ill tell my brother to get his tax tra nscripts since he is thr joint sponsor for my wife. By the way how come I can’t seem to upload my pics for my profile using my ipad? Does a picture  have to be a certain size?

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Joseph palafox said:

Thanks for the info. Ill tell my brother to get his tax tra nscripts since he is thr joint sponsor for my wife. By the way how come I can’t seem to upload my pics for my profile using my ipad? Does a picture  have to be a certain size?

You are welcome. Btw they only asked for 2017 or 2018 tax return transcript, but it won't hurt if you have for last three years. I have no idea, why you can't seem to upload your pics, because I never bothered to upload pics myself. And I donno about the size of the pic, but it should be in jpg format I think. 

On Sunday, March 24, 2019 at 1:54 PM, HA&FA said:

You are welcome. Btw they only asked for 2017 or 2018 tax return transcript, but it won't hurt if you have for last three years. I have no idea, why you can't seem to upload your pics, because I never bothered to upload pics myself. And I donno about the size of the pic, but it should be in jpg format I think. 

Hi again. I have this question regarding the i864. My situation is i have never work since 2001 because ive been living here in the Philippines and my parents and brother was supporting me through out the entire time. The only time ive been in the u.s is 2016 to 2017 for vacation. I want to know what kind of explanation would i need to write why o have nevered files tax or even work? My brother will be the joint sponsor and he also needs to write a letter for my domicile stating that me and my wife can live with him. How does that go?

Timeline
12 hours ago, Joseph palafox said:

Hi again. I have this question regarding the i864. My situation is i have never work since 2001 because ive been living here in the Philippines and my parents and brother was supporting me through out the entire time. The only time ive been in the u.s is 2016 to 2017 for vacation. I want to know what kind of explanation would i need to write why o have nevered files tax or even work? My brother will be the joint sponsor and he also needs to write a letter for my domicile stating that me and my wife can live with him. How does that go?

Hi, I don't have any idea to be honest. Maybe some pro could help ya here

• 3 months later...
On 3/25/2019 at 9:33 PM, Joseph palafox said:

HI I was in the same situation as I am a full time mom and don't work/earn any income. I petitioned for my husband and wrote a NON-TAX FILING Letter simply stating that I wasn't earning in the past 3 yrs and am a stay at home mom therefore I want required to file taxes for the past 3 years. I dated it, signed it and uploaded it on ceac. It was accepted the next day. My hubby also took the sig Ed hard copy with him to the interview but they barely even asked for it. P. S. For the letter I simply Googled templates for non tax filing letters and used those as a basis for my own letter. It was a life and time saver! ;)

In regards to ur brother again Google templates or just have him write and sign a letter stating that he is OK with u living with him and his wife when u initially move to the US. Have them both sign it and date it. That's it! Hope that helps :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.