Jump to content
Joseph palafox

Question regarding tax transcripts

8 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

hi guys we recently filed our i130 on march 22. Just waiting for the approval. I have this question about tax transcripts is it required for the interview because i saw thread that said you will be issued 221g if you don’t have a tax transcripts. The manila embassy does not accept w20 or 1020 since they the rule. My brother is my joint sponsor for my wife. I want to know ahead of time so that i could inform my brother. Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My recommendation for this kind of stuff is: get everything. Get the transcripts, the tax returns, the 1040, the W2, the 1099, .... It is always better to over prepare and not need it, then not prepared and need it in the interview.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had my K1 interview at the beginning of this month and I didn't have the tax return transcript of my joint sponsor. They handed me the 221g refusal sheet and asked me to submit the IRS tax return transcript. I immediately emailed them back the tax return transcript. After two weeks in AP, my visa got issued. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HA&FA said:

I had my K1 interview at the beginning of this month and I didn't have the tax return transcript of my joint sponsor. They handed me the 221g refusal sheet and asked me to submit the IRS tax return transcript. I immediately emailed them back the tax return transcript. After two weeks in AP, my visa got issued. 

Thanks for the info ill have my brother who is the joint sponsor to get his tax transcripts for the 3 years 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, USS_Voyager said:

My recommendation for this kind of stuff is: get everything. Get the transcripts, the tax returns, the 1040, the W2, the 1099, .... It is always better to over prepare and not need it, then not prepared and need it in the interview.

Thanks for the info. Ill tell my brother to get his tax tra nscripts since he is thr joint sponsor for my wife. By the way how come I can’t seem to upload my pics for my profile using my ipad? Does a picture  have to be a certain size?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Joseph palafox said:

Thanks for the info. Ill tell my brother to get his tax tra nscripts since he is thr joint sponsor for my wife. By the way how come I can’t seem to upload my pics for my profile using my ipad? Does a picture  have to be a certain size?

You are welcome. Btw they only asked for 2017 or 2018 tax return transcript, but it won't hurt if you have for last three years. I have no idea, why you can't seem to upload your pics, because I never bothered to upload pics myself. And I donno about the size of the pic, but it should be in jpg format I think. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On Sunday, March 24, 2019 at 1:54 PM, HA&FA said:

You are welcome. Btw they only asked for 2017 or 2018 tax return transcript, but it won't hurt if you have for last three years. I have no idea, why you can't seem to upload your pics, because I never bothered to upload pics myself. And I donno about the size of the pic, but it should be in jpg format I think. 

Hi again. I have this question regarding the i864. My situation is i have never work since 2001 because ive been living here in the Philippines and my parents and brother was supporting me through out the entire time. The only time ive been in the u.s is 2016 to 2017 for vacation. I want to know what kind of explanation would i need to write why o have nevered files tax or even work? My brother will be the joint sponsor and he also needs to write a letter for my domicile stating that me and my wife can live with him. How does that go?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Joseph palafox said:

Hi again. I have this question regarding the i864. My situation is i have never work since 2001 because ive been living here in the Philippines and my parents and brother was supporting me through out the entire time. The only time ive been in the u.s is 2016 to 2017 for vacation. I want to know what kind of explanation would i need to write why o have nevered files tax or even work? My brother will be the joint sponsor and he also needs to write a letter for my domicile stating that me and my wife can live with him. How does that go?

Hi, I don't have any idea to be honest. Maybe some pro could help ya here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×