8 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

Hi ya, I've been cruising all these pages for a couple of weeks now and want to see if anyone has specific info on filing in London for a spouse visa. I don't know what all these terms mean, first packet, third packet etc. and I am too darn old to learn now. :unsure: This is what we did, in January we filed the I-130 but had been advised to send in everything as it could speed the process up so we sent in the financial forms, the biographical forms and copies of every document we thought they would need. About 2 weeks after sending it, they sent back what they didn't want which was only the financials and the extra biographical copies along with a letter confirming they got it, no receipt number. In April we got two letters, one addressed to me the sponsor saying hubby's application had been accepted and one for him telling him he needed to go for his medical and the checklist to send back saying we are ready for an interview. Hubby had his medical last week and we sent the check list back on the 10th of May. From now, what happens? I know we are supposed to get an invitation to the Embassy for an interview, how long should it take to get the letter inviting us and then how far in advance of the appt. do you get the letter. Also I keep seeing stuff about biometrics but don't know how or when that might affect us. We've got our house for sale assuming that the end is near but could sure use some guidance on other's experiences as a guideline. I am 53 and he's 61, ready to retire, not looking to work in the states but just sit by the pool. Thanks for your :help: !!

Did he mail back DS-230 part1 from packet 3?

I know London it is not so fast with the appointment letters....but the end is soon ;)

"Daca voi nu ma vreti, io va vreau"

DCF Frankfurt Germany

01/12/2007 I-130 filed in person at the Consulate in Frankfurt

01/17/2007 Faxed the checklist to the Immigrant Visa Unit in Frankfurt

03/29/2007 Got letter from USCIS to provide evidence that our marriage is bona fide

04/02/2007 Sent to USCIS lots of evidence

05/03/2007 I have an unofficial "PETITION APPROVED" ...waiting for confirmation from Consulate

05/07/2007 Received email from USCIS ROME confirming that our petition was approved (why Rome? because we complained to the District Office Rome about the Sub-Office Frankfurt..it took too long for our petition to be approved)...now waiting for the interview letter from the Consulate

05/18/2007 E-mail from IV Frankfurt, our interview was scheduled for May 29th

05/19/2007 Packet 4 in the mail: ja ja ja interview letter

05/29/2007 Interview at 7.30 a.m. APPROVED Thank you, God!

06/01/2007 Visa arrived !

06/03/2007 Mayday on the plane POE Cincinnati

Living in Maryland

06/21/2007 Welcome Notice from USCIS

06/29/2007 Applied for SSN at the local Office

07/07/2007 Green Card arrived

07/09/2007 Another 2 Welcome Letters from USCIS...God, they really love me! :D

07/20/2007 Social Security Card arrived

Living@working in Maryland :)

01/18/2009 PCS-ing to Stuttgart Germany

Feb 2009 Received letter from VSC to start removing conditions.

Getting ready the packet for Removing Conditions I-751

03/12/2009 Mailed the I-751 packet to Vermont Service Center

If you did everything on the checklist, all you do at this point is wait for them to contact the alien fiancee/spouse (non-US citizen) with an interview date

could take a couple months..

Every few weeks, I'd call the international us consulate with your case number and bug them to see if you have a date yet.

Interviews are usually a month or two in advance (I think)

I understand that you don't want to read through all the different topics but this is one that specifically pertains to you..

I'd read it once through

What is DCF and Why Do I Care?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...om&page=dcf

Edited by liz_legend
vj_sig-2-2_2.jpg

I understand that you don't want to read through all the different topics but this is one that specifically pertains to you..

I'd read it once through

What is DCF and Why Do I Care?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...om&page=dcf

Sorry, those were links for Direct Consul Filing..

Here's the K3 Visa

K3 Process Flowchart

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=k3flow

vj_sig-2-2_2.jpg

Cindi --

Hello fellow London traveller!! My UKC husband and I are nearing interview time ourselves. I just wanted to check with you -- your timeline says you filed for K3, but you posted this in Direct Consular Filing -- are you actually filing for the IR1/CR1 as I saw no mention of you filing a I-129F with your I-130... Won't make much difference in interview dates (if at all) but I'm just curious!

We sent back our Packet 3 (which is the the DS230 and the checklist for readiness for interview) on 26 April, and we got a reply from the Embassy with the interview date around 3 weeks later (this is known as Packet 4). It showed our date was on 19 June, which was about a month after we received the letter. Have a look at my timeline -- we also filed in January and we filed for the CR1, as Bruce and I have been married for less than 2 years.

I have heard anecdotal evidence that for people applying for the IR1/CR1 (the immigrant spouse visa), it takes about a week or so longer to get your interview date than if you filed for the K3 visa (the non-immigrant spouse visa, where you adjust status after you enter the US). In general though, expect that the big day at the embassy will be about 6-8 weeks after you send in your checklist. Other London VJers are getting dates right now for anywhere from the 3rd week of June to early July. Have a look at this thread for an idea of where things are now: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=67115

Despite what others say, I would not bother calling the Embassy for updates. They will direct you to their premium rate Visa Info line, which costs £1.20/min and is known over on the UK sub-forum as the Extortion Line. They often don't have all the up-to-date info anyway. If you really want the latest, try calling the Department of State in Washington on (202) 663 1225, and get through to a human. Have your husband's case number ready, and ask them where your file is in the system. When I thought our interview date was lagging, I called quite a few times, and they were always helpful.

Don't worry about biometrics right now -- not applicable unless you've applied for the K3, and your husband won't have to do them until he adjusts status over in the US. If you've applied for the IR1/CR1, he'll have his fingerprints taken at the interview.

It really does seem to lag between sending in the checklist and getting your date, but trust me, it will be there soon! If you sent it on the 10th, even factoring in the long weekend now, you should get your date sometime next week. So much of this is hurry-up-and-wait, but you're almost there -- just hang in there a few days longer! :thumbs:

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

Liz, Thanks very much for your input, loved the comment about the extortion line. I'd love to know how much they make on that a year.

We filed an I-130 back in Jan. We had done a bunch of reading on the subject and there was so much contradictory information out there that we just sent in all the divorce, death, marriage and birth certificates and other pertinent forms as we read somewhere it might go faster that way. As for my time line, I started it without having a clue what all these acronyms were so I expect it's a mess. I am rather late finding this site. Wish I had known of it's existance earlier in the game.

I think we must be pretty close together on the time lines as we got packet 3 about the same time but were away on holiday so didn't see it until the 8th of May. We returned it then on the 10th or thereabouts. We have been married over 4 years so no CR1 for us.

We sent back our Packet 3 (which is the the DS230 and the checklist for readiness for interview) on 26 April, and we got a reply from the Embassy with the interview date around 3 weeks later (this is known as Packet 4). It showed our date was on 19 June, which was about a month after we received the letter. Have a look at my timeline -- we also filed in January and we filed for the CR1, as Bruce and I have been married for less than 2 years.

Thanks so very much for your posting, I feel hopeful again and since there are folks coming back today for a 2nd viewing of the house, we can perhaps give them a tentative date should they make and offer on the house.

Will be watching for the results of your interview! :yes:

Glad to have been of help! :thumbs: You're right, you're only a couple of weeks behind me so the good news should be imminent. Let us all know when you find out the good news on the date -- post it over in the UK forum and we'll add your details to the list.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.