Vanity niki

F2A Process for Minor Child (13 years old)

1 post in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Bahamas
Timeline
F2A- California
PD...Nov 28/16
Case approved Mar 22/18
NVC received file Apr 4/18
Welcome Letter - June 2/18 (via email)
Paid AOS Fee $120.00 - June 5/18
Paid IV Application Fee - June 15/18
Completed Visa Application - June 20/18
Supporting/Financial Docs mailed - June 20/18
NVC received docs- June 22/18
Scan date - June 25/18
Case complete - July 5/18 (called NVC)

Awaiting interview!!!

Jan 7/19 received IL via email...interview 2/12/19 @ 12:30pm

February 12, 2019...visa APPROVED!!

I know all embassy's are different. I entered the embassy at 12:30 p.m. and left at 1:30 p.m. 50 minutes of that time was spent waiting the other 10 minutes was allocated to my interview.

If you are not sure of the answer to a question be honest and say I do not know or I can't recall at this time.

I entered and took a seat in the waiting room where I remained for approximately 20 minutes and then my name was called and I was told to proceed to window one.

at window one I was asked for my daughter's passport two photos and her birth certificate and then told to have a seat until my name was called again.

after another 20 minutes my name was called and I was told to proceed to window 5, the CO asked if I was the petitioner I said yes they asked me to produce identification I gave them my passport I was then asked to put my four fingers on a scanner and hold up my right hand I swore that all the information that I was providing was accurate and true to the best of my ability.

The CO turned to my daughter and asked the following questions:

1. Her age
2. Does she visit me often
3. How many bedrooms I have
4. Who else lives in the house
5. Whats the longest time she has stayed when visiting me
6. Does she have other siblings

The CO asked me the following questions:
1. If I'm her mother
2. Who sponsored me
3. Am I a citizen or a resident
4. When did I move to US
5. Where do I work
6. What do I do there
7. Where does my present husband live
8. When did I divorce 1st husband
9. Who daughter was living with all this time

These questions did not seem like an interview or interrogation it just seemed like a conversation I was having with someone.

I hope this was helpful to anyone else going through the f-2a process for a minor child... I wish you all the best on your Visa journey.

Update...3/9/19

So my interview was Feb 14/19....As I left the embassy I paid for my green card on line and purchased 2 one way tickets for my daughter and I ...and we immediately went to the airport - our flight was at 4:55pm

We checked in and the airport in The Bahamas has pre-clearance so that was considered our Point of Entry into the US...the officer took us in the back and we were there for approximately 30 minutes while he went through envelope given to us by embassy.

We opted to receive social security by mail on visa application and it was received Feb 27/19.

Only waiting for green card now .

Update 3/22/19 - Received Green Card

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.