wissooner

K-1 visa & sealed envelope

8 posts in this topic

How would my fiance go about picking up her visa and sealed envelope in person after the interview? Will the embassy hold them for pick-up or will she have to have DHL hold them for delivery and pick them up at their office in Moscow? How long does the embassy take to get the visa and envelope ready? Anyone do this?...

Also, Elena just got her interview date. The whole process for us looks to be taking right at 6 months. Compared to others, maybe we should feel lucky. :unsure:

Edited by wissooner

04/19/2006 - met for the first time

01/12/2007 - sent I-129f to Nebraska

01/22/2007 - NOA1

04/20/2007 - NOA2

07/20/2007- Interview in Moscow

09/19/2007- Married

01/25/2008- AOS package mailed

08/27/2008-Interview-approved

09/10/2008-GC received

08/21/2010-10yr green card received

love is where you find it, even if it is a half a world away

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
How would my fiance go about picking up her visa and sealed envelope in person after the interview? Will the embassy hold them for pick-up or will she have to have DHL hold them for delivery and pick them up at their office in Moscow? How long does the embassy take to get the visa and envelope ready? Anyone do this?...

Also, Elena just got her interview date. The whole process for us looks to be taking right at 6 months. Compared to others, maybe we should feel lucky. :unsure:

Your fiancee must bring a paid DHL receipt to her interview. She can have the package sent to her home or she can have it held in Moscow for pick up (that's what we did). It should be ready for pick up in 2 or 3 days. She cannot pick it up from the embassy.

Last year it was 6 months for us also.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

Your fiancee must bring a paid DHL receipt to her interview. She can have the package sent to her home or she can have it held in Moscow for pick up (that's what we did). It should be ready for pick up in 2 or 3 days. She cannot pick it up from the embassy.

Thanks for the reply Neonred. Elena's interview is on a Friday, so I assume the visa would not be ready for pick-up until Tuesday or Wednesday of the next week. So, Elena will ask the DHL people to hold for pick-up when she pays for delivery before interview? Correct?...

01/22/2007 - NOA1

04/20/2007 - NOA2

09/19/2007- Married

09/10/2008-GC received

Yes she must have receipt from DHL for a prepaid delivery.

Thom n Elena

Arrived Grand Rapids 12/13/06

Finally Home

Married 12/28/06 Husband and Wife finally

AOS

Card Received 7/23/07

Aleksandr arrives 8/29/07 7 lbs 19in

ROC

Filed April 21, Received NOA May 5,2009

Biometrics 7/7/2009

Biometrics Cancelled 6/29/09

Reschedule 7/22/09

Biometrics complete only 2 people in office wifey done in 15 min

Letter received New LPR Card in 60 days WOOHOO!!!!

LPR Card Received

Yes she must have receipt from DHL for a prepaid delivery.

Yes, I know this. How does go about making sure DHL holds the visa for pick-up and not delivery?

01/22/2007 - NOA1

04/20/2007 - NOA2

09/19/2007- Married

09/10/2008-GC received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

We did that with my first fiancee. There are two DHL offices in Moscow. One is right next to the embassy. You can buy your mailer there but the main office which is the other is the only one that can hold it for pickup. If I recall correctly you just do the delivery address as the main DHL office in care of your fiancee's name. The people at DHL do it all the time and can make sure you do it properly.

12/14/2006 Applied for K-1 with request for Waver for Multiple filings within 2 years.
Waiting - Waiting - Waiting
3/6 Called NVC file sent to Washington for "Administrative Review" Told to call back every few weeks. 7/6 Called NVC, A/R is finished, case on way to Moscow. YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/13 On Friday the 13th we see updated Moscow website with our interview on 9/11 (Hope we are not supersticious) 9/11 Visa Approved. Yahoo.
10/12 Tickets for her to America. I am flying to JFK to meet her there. 12/15/07 We are married. One year and a day after filling original K-1
12/27 Filed for AOS, EAD & AP 1/3 Received all three NOA-1's 1/22 Biometrics 2/27 EAD & AP received 4/12 Interview
5/19/08 RFE for physical that she should not have needed. 5/28 New physical ($ 250.00 wasted) 6/23 Green Card received
4/22/10 Filed for Removal of Contitions. 6/25 10 Year Green Card received Nov, 2014 Citizenship ceremony. Our journey is complete.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
We did that with my first fiancee. There are two DHL offices in Moscow. One is right next to the embassy. You can buy your mailer there but the main office which is the other is the only one that can hold it for pickup. If I recall correctly you just do the delivery address as the main DHL office in care of your fiancee's name. The people at DHL do it all the time and can make sure you do it properly.

Yes this is correct. We picked up my fiancee's visa at the DHL office on Tverskaya-Yamskaya (wife's spelling). Her interview was also on a Friday and it was ready the following Tuesday.

Edited by Neonred

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

Thanks TG & Neonred. I appreciate the replies...

01/22/2007 - NOA1

04/20/2007 - NOA2

09/19/2007- Married

09/10/2008-GC received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.