JohnL

I 864 Affidavit of Support for Co Sponsors

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline

Filing for 2 relatives.  Got notification they are ready for processing by NVC.  We are going to use a co sponsor.  Do we fill out 1 I 864 for both individuals?  Does co sponsor fill out a separate I 864?  If the fee is $120, is the total going to be $480 for 2 I 864's for 2 people?

Best to all.

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : El Salvador

I-129F Sent : 2006-03-13

I-129F NOA1 : 2006-03-16

I-129F RFE(s) : 2006-06-23

RFE Reply(s) : 2006-07-06

Touched July, 27

Touched July, 28

I-129F NOA2 : July, 31, 2006

NVC recieved Aug, 04,2006

Embassy recieved Aug, 14,2006

Packet 3 mailed Sept 19, 2006 per Visas USA.

Packet 3 Recieved in El Salvador by Digna October 17, 2006

Packet 3 Recieved in Calif. October 21, 2006.......Go figure, it was mailed on the 17th of October.

Medical completed Friday, Oct. 27. Instructed by clinic staff to call Embassy (Visas USA) for appointment.

Arrival SFO Dec. 29, 2006

Married Jan. 03, 2007

Cutting to the chase....after all the work

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

hi

need more information, who are the two relatives? are they family, are they filing 2 separate petitions? 

the affidavits and financial documents are sent together, so no extra $120 for the co sponsors

21 minutes ago, JohnL said:

Filing for 2 relatives.  Got notification they are ready for processing by NVC.  We are going to use a co sponsor.  Do we fill out 1 I 864 for both individuals?  Does co sponsor fill out a separate I 864?  If the fee is $120, is the total going to be $480 for 2 I 864's for 2 people?

Best to all.

two I-864 from the petitioner and two I-864 from the co-sponsor - total 4 I-864.

$120 only 

Timeline
1 hour ago, samuelam said:

two I-864 from the petitioner and two I-864 from the co-sponsor - total 4 I-864.

$120 only 

not always, if one of them is a derivative from the other, it is one i864 from the petitioner and one i864 for the co sponsor

it depends on if they are 2 unrelated petitions, or related but two separate petitions, or if one is the derivative of the other.

the question is vague because the OP doesn't specify

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline

Mother in law, a green card holder, applied for her 2 unmarried children, filing a separate I 130 for each.  Wife and I are going to sponsor with an i 864, but need a co sponsor, due to income level.  A family fried, a US citizen would be the co sponsor.  So the question is that are 2 I 864 filed , one from one co sponsor and another from another co sponsor for each individual applicant?  $120 for each applicant even though there are 2 I 864's?  The other question is that one applicant is going to school for her Master and working in South Korea.  Can she do her interview and physical in South Korea instead of flying back to El Salvador once and maybe twice.  Question posed to the NVC twice in the last month by email and they have not responded yet.

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : El Salvador

I-129F Sent : 2006-03-13

I-129F NOA1 : 2006-03-16

I-129F RFE(s) : 2006-06-23

RFE Reply(s) : 2006-07-06

Touched July, 27

Touched July, 28

I-129F NOA2 : July, 31, 2006

NVC recieved Aug, 04,2006

Embassy recieved Aug, 14,2006

Packet 3 mailed Sept 19, 2006 per Visas USA.

Packet 3 Recieved in El Salvador by Digna October 17, 2006

Packet 3 Recieved in Calif. October 21, 2006.......Go figure, it was mailed on the 17th of October.

Medical completed Friday, Oct. 27. Instructed by clinic staff to call Embassy (Visas USA) for appointment.

Arrival SFO Dec. 29, 2006

Married Jan. 03, 2007

Cutting to the chase....after all the work

Timeline

hi

your mother in law as the petitioner is the primary sponsor regardless

she will pay $120 for both of them, and separate affidavits for each child, one payment per family

she will file an i864 for each child, your wife will file the i864 as her joint sponsor, and you will file the i864A as her household member

that will be for one child, right

then for the other child she has another person to be her joint sponsor, right?

if she is legally in South Korea at the time of interview, she can have her interview there

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.