Jimenez

Sent in I 751 now got an RFE

5 posts in this topic

I sent in my I 751 in October of 2017 4 weeks ago I received a letter from uscis with a RFE

In my initial application I sent in bank statements, lease agreements,  medical insurance,  plane tickets,  and car insurance receipt. 

After finding out that the first person who filed the original I 751 for me was not a lawyer I immediately searched for a new lawyer and found  a great lawyer to help me with my RFE

We sent in life policies , numerous affidavit letters,  pictures, bank statements,  tax documents,  many receipts of trips we have taken Abroad , medical insurance thru my husband.  

We have not purchased a property because 1. We want to live our lives differently and not be stuck in a 30 year mortgage of an over priced home . And 2 . We decided that since my parents are alone now and have plenty of room In their house it would be beneficial to them to help them with their mortgage since they are now retired and it would help us live the life we always wanted traveling and seeing the world together . 

My RFE was received last Monday the 11th . Everyone is telling me everything will be ok but I'm worried out of my mind . I go on these forums all the time and it helps to read other peoples situations. And tought it would help my anxiety if I shared my experience as well . I cant function normally I cant sleep and it's really wearing me down . I cant fathom why I continue to think so negatively I cant imagine myself not being here with my husband my family my nieces.  Everything I know and everyone I know is here in the US I have been here for all my life since the age of 6  and I'm facing the most horrific feelings I have ever felt in my life . Thank you for listening and hopefully soon I will have good news .

Filed: Timeline

Try not to worry so much. To put your mind at ease almost everyone that is legit gets approved for ROC. You seem 100% legit so you really shouldnt worry about the worst case scenario happening- being forced to leave the country.

As you know by now USCIS moves incredibly slow. You have many many times of dealing with them ahead of you before it gets to the point of them deporting you. First they use the RFE process. Seems to me you did a great job of responding so personally I think thats the end of the issue and you are on the path to a normal approval. However if they are not satisfied with your response they will call you in for a joint interview. (they can also interview you for quality control purposes so dont panic if you get an interview notice). At the interview you can bring updated proof and they will question you both. They can even do a second interview or home visit if they are still unsure and then you get a NOID- notice of intent to deny. That notice will list out in direct terms what the problems are and give you a chance to address them. If after all that and they still want to deny you they will. Once denied you would go to court - that process takes several YEARS to get through. You would present evidence there as well and the case would either be sent back to USCIS or the judge would uphold their decision and deport you. 

It is a very long process with multiple times for you to explain your circumstances and fight it. It is not just them getting your form and saying oh you forgot your last tax return so you are denied and need to leave tomorrow! Please do not worry so much until it becomes necessary to worry. Most likely you will get approved with out interview or if you do get selected for interview it will be quick and painless. (Unless you have some deep dark secret you are not telling us! :P )

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond . Today was one of those days for me of constant thinking and that's why I decided to write this on here and your response has really helped me out.  And no ! No dark secrets lol just hopeful dreams for a bright future 😥

• 2 weeks later...

Relax, nothing changes by you worrying. I used to be like that too. My husband had to go to CDJ for his interview. He had some criminal background and I was so worried he wouldn't be approved.  How would I take care of all the bills here, our kids etc. We waited so long to apply for him because I was so scared. You will be approved dont worry! Life is short enjoy the moment. Ask God for guidance and strength and you will be done with this nightmare sooner than you think 🙏🏻😉

So as of last week monday 18th I was APROVED , yesterday the 22th I received my card! And later that after noon i received and update status on my also pending  400 citizenship application and have an interview scheduled for late April.  I'm so happy and suprised on how fast everything went . Thank you GOD . And to all that are going thru the same thing think positive and be patient if everything you submitted and your marriage is truly based on love you have nothing to worry abou . Next time I write on here I'll be a US CITIZEN!!!!!🇺🇸😁

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.