jack1564

August 2017 ROC Filer here, Thank you VJ members !

4 posts in this topic

Guys, what a ride !!! finally today i received my permanent 10 years green card, i wanted to share the good news with you all, we did all this by ourselves with your help, patience and a lot of reading, i received the RFE on November 19, 2018 and finally today 3/7/2019 i received my GC on the mail.

i also file for my son as K2 and his ROC was received on october by USCIS but his card did not came in the mail with mine, is this normal ?? he came a year after me so does that mean he will have to wait another year to received his permanent GC ? 

175.PNG

17 hours ago, Georgia16 said:

Congrats! 

Yes if your sons ROC was filed separately then it will not come the same time as yours as it is seen as two different cases.

Im going to have to call USCIS then, His GC expired in december and we never received extension letter for either of us, i got my passport stamped but i thought once my case was approved his would be too at the same time since we are part of the original petition, the only difference is that he came a year after me. thanks for the reply !!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
7 hours ago, jack1564 said:

Im going to have to call USCIS then, His GC expired in december and we never received extension letter for either of us, i got my passport stamped but i thought once my case was approved his would be too at the same time since we are part of the original petition, the only difference is that he came a year after me. thanks for the reply !!

He came a year after you so he should have applied for RoC on his own (you should) did you send in his package for ROC? 

Only if the child came the same time as the parent or without 90 days the child can be on the parents ROC papers. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.