hoosier dady

Recently approved.....now what???

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

My name is Ryan and I am an American citizen. I am currently applying for a K-1 visa so I can marry a woman named Kets who is from Thailand. Our 129F form was recently approved, however, I am in a tight spot right now. I recently graduated from Michigan State University and accepted a job in Austin, Texas. I am obligated to move down there in about 3 weeks but only if it doesnt affect the visa status.

I have listed below a few questions concerning the visa process:

Interview

How long after receiving the approval of the 129F petition should expect to be interviewed? Do I bring my sponsor? What should I expect at the Interview?

Income

Because I attended school full time I wasn't able to hold down a full time job. Is it possible for me to use my father, who makes good money, as a sponsor even though I will be moving out of his house in a couple of weeks?

Relocation

How is moving to Texas going to affect the process? Should I inform someone about the relocation, and if so, how would I go about sending that information?

Any helpful information is appreciated

Edited by hoosier dady

First, Read everything on VJ about K1 visas

start here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=k1flow

Second, since you may or may not qualify for being able to support your fiancee on your own, you will have to use your dad as a co-sponsor.. so, that answers that.

Third, about how long til the interview, I'm not sure. You'll have to go and search ppl on VJ who are going through thailand and see what the average time is. Every foreign consulate is different. Also, you don't have to go to the interview, just the benefactor.. your Alien fiancee in Thailand.. it'll be there.

Good luck.

Edited by liz_legend
vj_sig-2-2_2.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
I have listed below a few questions concerning the visa process:

Interview

How long after receiving the approval of the 129F petition should expect to be interviewed? Do I bring my sponsor? What should I expect at the Interview?

I may be confused by your questions, so please correct me if I am wrong, but are you under the impression that you are the one who will be interviewed for the beneficiary's visa? Because it's your fiancee who will be going to the interview at the consulate in Thailand.

My K-1 Timeline:

02/08/2007: Engaged on top of Table Mountain!

03/27/2007: Sent I129f to NSC

04/04/2007: NOA1 (from CSC)

06/27/2007: NOA2!!!!!!!!!!!!

07/09/2007: Paper NOA2 in the mail

07/13/2007: NVC sent our petition to Jo'burg!!

07/27/2007: Packet 3

09/20/2007: Successful Interview!!!

09/27/2007: Visa in hand

10/02/2007: E's flight lands at 2:10 in Chicago!!!!!!

Moving after your petition is approved and before your fiancee moves here and you file for AOS, is probably the best time to move if your going to. Just inform the consulate that your address has changed.

You do not participate in the interview. Only your fiancee does. You or your co-sponsor shows support with form I-134 and any supporting documentation. Average time to the interview after the consulate receives your petition is about 80 days for Thailand.

keTiiDCjGVo

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.