IsabelleFredrick

Booking interview with kids, delays in kids passports

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

Is it possible to book an interview date for me and my kids, if their passports are delayed (I wont have their pport numbers to fill in their DS160's)

Timeline
39 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Just update the DS160 on the day of the interview

Ok so at the interview I only need to bring DS160 form and payment? 

So up until then I wont need their passport numbers? 

Will I need their passport numbers to book a medical exam for them? 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
11 minutes ago, IsabelleFredrick said:

Ok so at the interview I only need to bring DS160 form and payment? 

So up until then I wont need their passport numbers? 

Will I need their passport numbers to book a medical exam for them? 

Consulate specific answer required.  Most consulates require payment in advance before the interview, but you need to check what SA process is regarding fee payment requirements for interview and medical scheduling is

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Timeline
2 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Consulate specific answer required.  Most consulates require payment in advance before the interview, but you need to check what SA process is regarding fee payment requirements for interview and medical scheduling is

Thanks, I know I can pay at the consulate.. my main concern is the kids passports and ability to bring them with /book interview for them without passports. Ideally I will get passports for them in time for the interview, but want to know if until the interview, I can go ahead and book everything like interview date and medicals for them, without their passports?

Timeline
Just now, IsabelleFredrick said:

Thanks, I know I can pay at the consulate.. my main concern is the kids passports and ability to bring them with /book interview for them without passports. Ideally I will get passports for them in time for the interview, but want to know if until the interview, I can go ahead and book everything like interview date and medicals for them, without their passports?

You can update the DS160 on the day of the interview.  Typically the medical facility only requires the NVC assigned case #.  If on the off chance the SA medical facility requires the passport # (most do not) then you need to wait.  Your instructions sheet/packet from the consulate should provide your answers

YMMV

Timeline
Just now, payxibka said:

You can update the DS160 on the day of the interview.  Typically the medical facility only requires the NVC assigned case #.  If on the off chance the SA medical facility requires the passport # (most do not) then you need to wait.  Your instructions sheet/packet from the consulate should provide your answers

Youre a star, thank you!

Timeline
3 minutes ago, IsabelleFredrick said:

Youre a star, thank you!

I found some instructions for SA.  It says the passport IS required for the medical

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/iv-dv-supplemental/JHN_Johannesburg.pdf

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.