ScottishTom

How long should we wait until the next step?

4 posts in this topic

Hey

We submitted our I130/485 (AOS from VWP - marriage to USC) packet back in September. A couple of weeks later we had the biometrics appointment. And since then we have unfortunately heard nothing (The online check status didn't move from 'we received your biometric fee' either, it just stayed the same as it did before the biometrics.

We're in CA so I know the process takes a little longer here so it seems - but should I be doing anything in the meantime? Is it worth calling or following up with anyone?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
34 minutes ago, ScottishTom said:

Hey

We submitted our I130/485 (AOS from VWP - marriage to USC) packet back in September. A couple of weeks later we had the biometrics appointment. And since then we have unfortunately heard nothing (The online check status didn't move from 'we received your biometric fee' either, it just stayed the same as it did before the biometrics.

We're in CA so I know the process takes a little longer here so it seems - but should I be doing anything in the meantime? Is it worth calling or following up with anyone?

Did you also apply I-765 and I-131? (EAD and AP) 

If not, check the processing times of your local office (CA has a lot). I know most of them have like at least a year wait for interviews, but yours could be different. If you're not outside normal processing times there's nothing you can do except sit back, relax and wait for your interview. The status online doesn't always change.

If you did apply EAD/AP, you should check the processing times for NBC. They're currently working on September filers, so you should get your combo card soon (if applied) If you're outside normal processing times with NBC, you can request an inquiry online.

52 minutes ago, C90 said:

Did you also apply I-765 and I-131? (EAD and AP) 

If not, check the processing times of your local office (CA has a lot). I know most of them have like at least a year wait for interviews, but yours could be different. If you're not outside normal processing times there's nothing you can do except sit back, relax and wait for your interview. The status online doesn't always change.

If you did apply EAD/AP, you should check the processing times for NBC. They're currently working on September filers, so you should get your combo card soon (if applied) If you're outside normal processing times with NBC, you can request an inquiry online.

We applied for the I-765 but not the I-131

Is this the correct website to check? - https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

if so, on the drop down for I-765 should I select National benefits Center or California Services Center?

if I request an inquiry online does someone actually answer it stating why it might be delayed?

fingers crossed it comes soon, would just be great to see some movement on the darn thing! Unfortunately sitting back and relaxing isn’t so easy with just one income!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
6 minutes ago, ScottishTom said:

We applied for the I-765 but not the I-131 You're aware you can't leave the country until you have your green card right? That's why a lot of people apply for the I-131 together with the I-485 and I-765.

Is this the correct website to check? - https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/ Yes

if so, on the drop down for I-765 should I select National benefits Center or California Services Center? NBC (national benefits center) for I-765, your local service center, which you can check via https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-uscis-office/field-offices, for I-485. 

if I request an inquiry online does someone actually answer it stating why it might be delayed? I never requested an inquiry, but from what I've read here you get an automated email that you will here more in X amount of time (I think it's about 60 days or so) If you filed before September 13 2018 you can request an inquiry online.

fingers crossed it comes soon, would just be great to see some movement on the darn thing! Unfortunately sitting back and relaxing isn’t so easy with just one income!

Edited by C90

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.