AlisonGC

Approved but stuck in Administrative Processing

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

My Fiancé was approved for our K1 Visa and given an approval letter at the U.S. Embassy in Cairo on 1/31/19. On 2/5/19 he was phoned by the embassy and told they needed some additional information. They overnighted a questionnaire to Aramex and he filled it out and emailed it back as directed. Now the site says we’re in AP. It was updated 2/20 and 2/21 and that’s it. We weren’t given a 221g and they still have his passport from when they took it at the interview. Is this normal? Is it still approved? We’re so stressed out because we were excited we thought we were approved, and now this. Any help is very much appreciated!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi guys. I had interview 13th Jan and the CO asked me some questions and he had that yellow form ready even before I start the interview with him and had signed beside CO-Sponcer and after the interview he told me that I need co- sponser or your wife 2018 tax when you have it ready send it to me by Aramex. And he was going to keep my passport then he said you know what keep your passport with you tell you have everything ready and send it to me with the needed documents. so on 14th of FEB, I sent the needed documents and by Aramex and by end of the week  the embassy send me all the documents and my passport and asked me to scan the documents on the system. So I did. How long it could take them to review the documents? Also is it not good sign to give me the passport back which he was going to keep it but hechanged his mind because he doesn’t know how long it will take me to send him the needed documents? 

On 3/1/2019 at 3:31 PM, AlisonGC said:

My Fiancé was approved for our K1 Visa and given an approval letter at the U.S. Embassy in Cairo on 1/31/19. On 2/5/19 he was phoned by the embassy and told they needed some additional information. They overnighted a questionnaire to Aramex and he filled it out and emailed it back as directed. Now the site says we’re in AP. It was updated 2/20 and 2/21 and that’s it. We weren’t given a 221g and they still have his passport from when they took it at the interview. Is this normal? Is it still approved? We’re so stressed out because we were excited we thought we were approved, and now this. Any help is very much appreciated!

They kept his passport, and from what our lawyer says, that's a great sign. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.