ViktorS

Administrative Procesing in Moscow on K-1

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I knew my fiance for quite a while and we knew each other ex-es. When we started actively dating, our ex-es started to talked and talked each other into relationship. So there are two K-1 cases in the Moscow embassy. I bet it is unusual, but not unheard of. We all have 2 kids (4 total) from the previous marriages. The agreement was that my fiance's older son is coming to live with us and her younger son is staying/moving with his dad as they are very close.

My fiance had her interview in Moscow on January 15th. With "I have nothing to hide" attitude she told that her younger son is likely moving to the US with his dad which reasonably led to a set of questions, Administrative Processing status and her passport returned with a cancelled US visitor visa.   

Couple of days later my kids told me that my ex and my fiance's ex broke-off and are not going to pursue K-1 any longer. Suspecting that it is material to our K-1 case I wrote a note in the visa appontment system feedback tool. Our case last update day was changed the day after. Our ex-es I129f expired on February 16 or about. I was expected some update afterwards. Yesterday date changed, but our case still in the Administrative Processing state.

What is the best course of action now? Is there a way to get any visibility of what is going on?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
3 hours ago, ViktorS said:

I knew my fiance for quite a while and we knew each other ex-es. When we started actively dating, our ex-es started to talked and talked each other into relationship. So there are two K-1 cases in the Moscow embassy. I bet it is unusual, but not unheard of. We all have 2 kids (4 total) from the previous marriages. The agreement was that my fiance's older son is coming to live with us and her younger son is staying/moving with his dad as they are very close.

My fiance had her interview in Moscow on January 15th. With "I have nothing to hide" attitude she told that her younger son is likely moving to the US with his dad which reasonably led to a set of questions, Administrative Processing status and her passport returned with a cancelled US visitor visa.   

Couple of days later my kids told me that my ex and my fiance's ex broke-off and are not going to pursue K-1 any longer. Suspecting that it is material to our K-1 case I wrote a note in the visa appontment system feedback tool. Our case last update day was changed the day after. Our ex-es I129f expired on February 16 or about. I was expected some update afterwards. Yesterday date changed, but our case still in the Administrative Processing state.

What is the best course of action now? Is there a way to get any visibility of what is going on?

This is so confusing. Why do you have to deal with you exes petition/interview/whatever they have. Concentrate on your own case. Imagine you didn't have any information on what you ex is dealing with. I might be wrong, but to my opinion it should not be your problem to deal with. Don't overwhelm yourself with any extra updates.

Edited by theafons

Timeline
1 hour ago, theafons said:

This is so confusing. Why do you have to deal with you exes petition/interview/whatever they have. Concentrate on your own case. Imagine you didn't have any information on what you ex is dealing with. I might be wrong, but to my opinion it should not be your problem to deal with. Don't overwhelm yourself with any extra updates.

Because Case 1: "Johnson -> Smith" and Case 2: "Smith -> Johnson" when Smiths and Johnsons admitted to know each other for 20+ years is likely the reason for AP, especially considering the interviewer reaction to this.  This is just an extra and only information about the case I have .

I would be thankful for advices how to get any insights of what's going on. For example if it is a good idea to wait for 61 days and write to my representative for help. We have zero information from the consulate, except  the case last updated date.  

Edited by ViktorS

Timeline

"Sent back to NVC" - which I understand is the same as "Denied". These a-holes really needed to pick their noses and scratch their butts for 45 days in order to do this.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.