Jump to content
OmarStuck

Birth Certificate NVC- Which one is needed?

4 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello All!


Thankfully my wife's I-130 has been finally approved. 

 

My question is regarding the Birth Certificate. My wife was born in the country other than the country of her nationality.

 

Should we submit the birth certificate from her birth country or from her country of nationality?

Or both?

 

Thank you

Omar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, OmarStuck said:

Hello All!


Thankfully my wife's I-130 has been finally approved. 

 

My question is regarding the Birth Certificate. My wife was born in the country other than the country of her nationality.

 

Should we submit the birth certificate from her birth country or from her country of nationality?

Or both?

 

Thank you

Omar

How could she have a birth certificate from two countries?  Assuming your wife is the visa applicant, submit her birth certificate, which could only be from the country in which she was actually "born".


Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

How could she have a birth certificate from two countries?  Assuming your wife is the visa applicant, submit her birth certificate, which could only be from the country in which she was actually "born".

Sorry, I can see how that is confusing!

 

One (from country of birth, A) is the first birth certificate.

One (from country of nationality, B) uses the first birth certificate to register that she was born. She uses this birth certificate to obtain civil IDs, paspport, etc.

 

It would be similar to a US citizen being born abroad and receiving a birth certificate and then applying for a CRBA. However, for her country of nationality the CRBA is also a birth certificate.

 

I hope that clears it up!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, OmarStuck said:

Sorry, I can see how that is confusing!

 

One (from country of birth, A) is the first birth certificate.

One (from country of nationality, B) uses the first birth certificate to register that she was born. She uses this birth certificate to obtain civil IDs, paspport, etc.

 

It would be similar to a US citizen being born abroad and receiving a birth certificate and then applying for a CRBA. However, for her country of nationality the CRBA is also a birth certificate.

 

I hope that clears it up!

If her country of nationality's birth certificate indicates the actual date and place she was born AND the names of her parents, that's probably ok.  It's kind of a unique situation.  If not I would send both.  For uploading purposes, upload them as the same multiple or two-page document.


Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×