Jump to content

Vietnamese divorce decree get notarize? How?

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

My friend is going to get marry in Vietnam soon. 6 years ago, he was issued a divorce decree in Vietnam. According to VN embassy in New York, he has to notarize his divorce decree then authenticate by his state before sending to VN embassy for final authentication. Since his divorce decree is in Vietnamese, is it possible to notarize? How? Does it need to be translated? I know that most people, if divorced, carried out in the US then going to Vietnam and marry. My friend is backward. Thank for all input.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Notaries only are notarizing they witness the signature signing and not the document itself. Any notary can do it but every bank branch has one and will perform it for free if you have an account. If no account then google notary and should find one easy as you can shake a tree and one will fall out since there are so many of them.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

The bank did not let my friend sign the marriage application form because friend's spouse was not present for signing while VN embassy states that marriage application must be notaized and certified by secretary of state before sending it to VN Embassy.


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.