Mr & Mrs T

Changing an adress

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hi everybody , 

I come today to have an answer to a question .i hope I can have some help .

my mom just passed last January 23rd 😥and our adress was at her house for all our mails .

we just called USCIS to provide our new adress .

we are waiting ( forever ) for my NOA2 ( NSC) .

USCIS said that they can not do it ..

why is it so complicate ? 

They told us to call the US Embassy of our Country (France -  PARIS) to change our adress.

the problem is that at each time we had to contact the US embassy there they transfer us from services to services and finally to USCIS website ..

so if we don’t arrive to change our  adress arrive what will happen ? Our mail will arrive at my mom place .. where she is not anymore ..

times are difficult for me these last days. And the process and all his difficulties ( timeline processing longer and longer , no answer to anything ) don’t help ...

its like we never have the possibilities to move to USA .

please Help .. 

tha k you so much in advance !! 

Audrey 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

We have the same problem, and my husband (beneficiary) is from France, too. Soon after I filed CR1 for him, he moved to a nearby town. 

Can you do a mail forwarding service from your Mom's address to yours?

Timeline
Just now, portorusa said:

We have the same problem, and my husband (beneficiary) is from France, too. Soon after I filed CR1 for him, he moved to a nearby town. 

Can you do a mail forwarding service from your Mom's address to yours?

Thank you for your answer .

I can change it « officially » to receive my mail but USCIS will still have the wrong adress .

plus I am not  leaving in the town she leaves  and the time for the them to transfer everything will take forever .. 

i will call Paris Us Embassy next Monday and pray for them to be able to help ..

Timeline

We had an answer from US Embassy in Paris today .we had to send an emai because when we call them nobody has answer for us ..

The mail says that  To change the mail adress we need to wait to be at the NVC stage who will take the new adress into account. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.