Jump to content
Mr & Mrs T

Changing an adress

4 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi everybody , 

I come today to have an answer to a question .i hope I can have some help .

my mom just passed last January 23rd ūüė•and our adress was at her house for all our mails .

we just called USCIS to provide our new adress .

we are waiting ( forever ) for my NOA2 ( NSC) .

USCIS said that they can not do it ..

why is it so complicate ? 

They told us to call the US Embassy of our Country (France -  PARIS) to change our adress.

the problem is that at each time we had to contact the US embassy there they transfer us from services to services and finally to USCIS website ..

so if we don’t arrive to change our  adress arrive what will happen ? Our mail will arrive at my mom place .. where she is not anymore ..

times are difficult for me these last days. And the process and all his difficulties ( timeline processing longer and longer , no answer to anything ) don’t help ...

its like we never have the possibilities to move to USA .

please Help .. 

tha k you so much in advance !! 



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, portorusa said:

We have the same problem, and my husband (beneficiary) is from France, too. Soon after I filed CR1 for him, he moved to a nearby town. 

Can you do a mail forwarding service from your Mom's address to yours?

Thank you for your answer .

I can change it ¬ę officially ¬Ľ to receive my mail but USCIS will still have the wrong adress .

plus I am not  leaving in the town she leaves  and the time for the them to transfer everything will take forever .. 

i will call Paris Us Embassy next Monday and pray for them to be able to help ..

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

We had an answer from US Embassy in Paris today .we had to send an emai because when we call them nobody has answer for us ..

The mail says that  To change the mail adress we need to wait to be at the NVC stage who will take the new adress into account. 

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...