Sanctus1

I-751 Question

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Ghana
Timeline

20190218_083202.thumb.jpg.212ad75a363b4f1b5df2096020d14f06.jpg

Hi Guys

From attached form under Part 3. , I should select 1a since my conditional residence is based on marriage to U.S citizen right? 

Then in Part 4 in the same form, should i select 1a or doesn't apply to me?

Finally, still in this form with regards to.....Other Information 2a Family Name (Last Name), should I add my wife's maiden name or my last name since she already did the name change. Meanwhile, she is the U.S citizen. Thanks guys.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guyana
Timeline
1 hour ago, Sanctus1 said:

20190218_083202.thumb.jpg.212ad75a363b4f1b5df2096020d14f06.jpg

Hi Guys

From attached form under Part 3. , I should select 1a since my conditional residence is based on marriage to U.S citizen right? 

Then in Part 4 in the same form, should i select 1a or doesn't apply to me?

Finally, still in this form with regards to.....Other Information 2a Family Name (Last Name), should I add my wife's maiden name or my last name since she already did the name change. Meanwhile, she is the U.S citizen. Thanks guys.

Part 3, 1a - yes to your question

Part 4, 1a - this should be selected and the information here should be your wife's information since it is through your marriage to her that you obtained the conditional residence

Part 4, 2a - you wife's current legal last name.  Since she already did the name change to your last name, this is what should be entered.  I suggest you submit a copy of your marriage certificate and copy of your wife's name change certificate/document along with your application

I-130 (for parents of US Citizens):

8/19/2022: NOA (IOE0917XXXXXX); Texas Service Center

7/22/2023: Both (parents) petitions approved

7/27/2023: Both cases sent to NVC

8/8/2023: Received NVC welcome email for both parents

Filed: Other Country: Ghana
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Duncan21 said:

Part 3, 1a - yes to your question

Part 4, 1a - this should be selected and the information here should be your wife's information since it is through your marriage to her that you obtained the conditional residence

Part 4, 2a - you wife's current legal last name.  Since she already did the name change to your last name, this is what should be entered.  I suggest you submit a copy of your marriage certificate and copy of your wife's name change certificate/document along with your application

Thanks Duncan21, I have really appreciate your positive responses to my post. 

Meanwhile, do you think that a document from Social Security Office alone can be the proof for my wife's name change. Also, I made a post about notifying USCIS on change of address after 6months I moved because wasn't aware I should let them know. Do you think that will be an issue since I will complete Form Page 2, Part 1, Item Number 22 in additional page of Part 11. There , I have to add the address and the duration we lived there?

Thanks once again Duncan21

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.