treeofgreen

income requirements I 864 ssdi combined with total?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hi. I am having some problems with my income on the I864 form. Our CR1 interview is scheduled for March 28th. I am now seeing that section 6, lines 24a, b, and c, don't allow for my SSDI income which puts me under poverty. I was advised by my visa assistance company that this will likely be a problem. I also forgot to include my home and other physical assets such is business inventory, a freestanding building I created, and extensive personal jewelry that I create etc. My total income is over the 125% , but if I cannot put it on the form they can reject her visa?  I am planning an updated I864 for the interview but unsure how to get my income to reflect accurately. Thanks for the help. It is slightly distressing to get this far and have another stupid form problem. My income for 2018 is showing as above 125% as is appears to be calculated properly.

864.JPG

Edited by treeofgreen
added a bit of info

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

You do not qualify or not qualify based on the prior tax return information section of the form.  You qualify based on "current income".  Accurately state and document your current income in the applicable section.  You document SSDI with a declaration letter available online.  If you are self employed, then your current income is the number on line 22 of your 2017 1040 + your SSDI.  If you are employed, you would state your income based on a pay stub, then provide the pay stub and declaration letter.  

If you do not qualify, you need a qualified joint sponsor or there will be no visa.

If you have filed a 2018 tax return before interview, then THAT will be your most recent income tax return. The form and line numbers are different than in the past but you use the "total income" line on the form.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Thanks, should be okay then. I am doing 2018 taxes now and should have a new I 864 ready anyway. All should work out. It all just makes logical sense, but once in a while things aren't logical. Any idea where a declaration letter might be online?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.