billsafari

Packet 3 for Moscow Embassy

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
If all goes well she will leave with me August 31. We will then be married 3 days later and then immediately start the documents.

I was under the inpression they send the packet. Then we send the packet back with the required info. I just want to be able to send the packet back ASAP. I am not fully versed on this part of the K-1 process yet. Trying to get my ducks in a row. Still waiting for NOA2. Just got touched yesterday. Now I look at the USCIS site and my email every 2 minutes. :wacko:

You send nothing back to them. Your fiancee gets the packet, completes the documents (and gets a police check, medical check, applicable birth/death/divorce/etc., certs and translations) and you complete your financial stuff, send it to her, then she carries all of that (like, 12 pages) to the interview with her. That's it. The only thing you really "do" is send your fiancee your financial info. That's it. She has to get all required stuff in the packet done. Most of that she can't do until she gets the packet. (Well, she can, but as noted above, you wanna stay within the "window")

Chill out a little! You've got a couple months. Seems like your ducks are way more lined up than mine were! You'll be swimming just fine.

Slim,

Does her doctor give her the DS 2035 form or do I get the form and the doctor fills it out??????? Does this form have to be completed by the medical exam doctor or her pesonal doctor(has been the same doctor her whole life)????

Met Dec. 4 2006

1st visit to Russia - Jan. 23-30.

Engaged Jan. 24

CSC recieved and pending - NOA1 March 1

Touched- March 9 - recieved NOA1 hard copy in mail.

2nd visit - March 12 -27

Touched - May 23 (pleeeeeeeeeeeease)

APPROVED MAY 22 (On 5/25 I did the RFE trick and the CSC said it was approved 5/22. The dufus at USCIS was completely positive they were only working on Nov. 2006 petitions)

May 30th- Petition leaves CSC for NVC.

3rd visit - May 31 - August 31 ( If all goes well she will come home with me!!!)

Left NVC June 11th (I called everyday since 5/30 and they never recieved it??? Then on 6/13 I called and it was not only recieved but already sent to the embassy 6/11?? 

INTERVIEW 8/22

July 3rd-Recieved Packet

8/22 Interview was a sucess!!!

8/31 We arrive at JFK. Problem free entry.

10/26 Married!

1/15/08 Sent I-485

2/26 NOA

3/21 Biometrics Appointment

3/29 Received EAD Card

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Does her doctor give her the DS 2035 form or do I get the form and the doctor fills it out??????? Does this form have to be completed by the medical exam doctor or her pesonal doctor(has been the same doctor her whole life)????

The DS 2035 will be sealed in the envelope that she receives from the medical prior to interview. What you want is for her to ask for a copy of that form so she'll have it when she enters the USA. Who knows what happens to the one inside the envelope but if she does not get a copy she's SOL and then may need to get vaccinations $$ that she really doesn't need.

Cheers,

David

725268776.png

The DS 2035 will be sealed in the envelope that she receives from the medical prior to interview. What you want is for her to ask for a copy of that form so she'll have it when she enters the USA. Who knows what happens to the one inside the envelope but if she does not get a copy she's SOL and then may need to get vaccinations $$ that she really doesn't need.

Cheers,

David

:thumbs: Exactly.

Have her "hand-carry" the copy of this form with her to the U.S.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Country: India
Timeline
If all goes well she will leave with me August 31. We will then be married 3 days later and then immediately start the documents.

I was under the inpression they send the packet. Then we send the packet back with the required info. I just want to be able to send the packet back ASAP. I am not fully versed on this part of the K-1 process yet. Trying to get my ducks in a row. Still waiting for NOA2. Just got touched yesterday. Now I look at the USCIS site and my email every 2 minutes. :wacko:

You send nothing back to them. Your fiancee gets the packet, completes the documents (and gets a police check, medical check, applicable birth/death/divorce/etc., certs and translations) and you complete your financial stuff, send it to her, then she carries all of that (like, 12 pages) to the interview with her. That's it. The only thing you really "do" is send your fiancee your financial info. That's it. She has to get all required stuff in the packet done. Most of that she can't do until she gets the packet. (Well, she can, but as noted above, you wanna stay within the "window")

Chill out a little! You've got a couple months. Seems like your ducks are way more lined up than mine were! You'll be swimming just fine.

How does she get the interview date?

I thought a check list of documents needs to be signed and sent back

and the embassy will schedule a date for interview and notify her.

Is this not the process?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
How does she get the interview date?
She gets notified by two ways:

1. Checking the embassy website:

http://moscow.usembassy.gov/consular/iv_dates.php

Look for your case number from your NOA2.

2. Receiving the package which will state the date you must appear. Like jury duty, you get no initial choice.

As far as their logic in assigning dates, I hope they do it by cases received, but I am sure they have other elaborate ways of scheduling interviews. Unless one works at the embassy I am not any is qualified to give an answer here.

Of course one must actually have an approved I-129F sent by the NVC to the consulate to start this process.

I thought a check list of documents needs to be signed and sent back and the embassy will schedule a date for interview and notify her. Is this not the process?
And the answer is:
You send nothing back to them.
You thought wrong. The key to your success in working with Moscow is to avoid listening to advise at the consulate level from fellow VJers who have gone through any embassy besides Moscow.

The key to your success in working with Moscow is to avoid listening to advise at the consulate level from fellow VJers who have gone through any embassy besides Moscow.

:thumbs:

The only time I went to the K-1 forum was before I knew there was a Russia forum.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.