billsafari

Packet 3 for Moscow Embassy

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Does anyone know what is in packet 3 and or 4. I would like to have all the necessary documents ahead of time as much as possible. My fiance went to the police station for her police certificate. She will get it in a month. Anything else I can get ahead of time???? Can we do the medical exam sooner rather than later???? :blink:

Met Dec. 4 2006

1st visit to Russia - Jan. 23-30.

Engaged Jan. 24

CSC recieved and pending - NOA1 March 1

Touched- March 9 - recieved NOA1 hard copy in mail.

2nd visit - March 12 -27

Touched - May 23 (pleeeeeeeeeeeease)

APPROVED MAY 22 (On 5/25 I did the RFE trick and the CSC said it was approved 5/22. The dufus at USCIS was completely positive they were only working on Nov. 2006 petitions)

May 30th- Petition leaves CSC for NVC.

3rd visit - May 31 - August 31 ( If all goes well she will come home with me!!!)

Left NVC June 11th (I called everyday since 5/30 and they never recieved it??? Then on 6/13 I called and it was not only recieved but already sent to the embassy 6/11?? 

INTERVIEW 8/22

July 3rd-Recieved Packet

8/22 Interview was a sucess!!!

8/31 We arrive at JFK. Problem free entry.

10/26 Married!

1/15/08 Sent I-485

2/26 NOA

3/21 Biometrics Appointment

3/29 Received EAD Card

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline
My fiance went to the police station for her police certificate. She will get it in a month.

In a month? That seems a bit long! Where does she live? A girl I know did it in a couple of minutes - she just went to the local police station and didn't talk to clerks - she got straight to some major and he wrote and signed everything in moments.

Timeline

Yes she said the main guy had to do it. They will send her a letter in a month and then she can pick it up 2 days after. She lives in Vladimir. I will be there in 1 week so when I get there I will look into it further.

Met Dec. 4 2006

Engaged Jan. 24

2nd visit - March 12 -27

APPROVED MAY 22 (On 5/25 I did the RFE trick and the CSC said it was approved 5/22. The dufus at USCIS was completely positive they were only working on Nov. 2006 petitions)

3rd visit - May 31 - August 31 ( If all goes well she will come home with me!!!)

Left NVC June 11th (I called everyday since 5/30 and they never recieved it??? Then on 6/13 I called and it was not only recieved but already sent to the embassy 6/11?? 

INTERVIEW 8/22

July 3rd-Recieved Packet

10/26 Married!

1/15/08 Sent I-485

2/26 NOA

3/29 Received EAD Card

Timeline
Yes she said the main guy had to do it. They will send her a letter in a month and then she can pick it up 2 days after. She lives in Vladimir. I will be there in 1 week so when I get there I will look into it further.

Just surprised why it's taking them so long... Probably because it's a big city. Strange! Do they have a standard procedure and a standard document for it? Very interesting...

I will be there in 1 week so when I get there I will look into it further.

That's really good that you are going there! It will be very helpful for the whole process!

Timeline

Just surprised why it's taking them so long... Probably because it's a big city. Strange! Do they have a standard procedure and a standard document for it? Very interesting...

I will be there in 1 week so when I get there I will look into it further.

That's really good that you are going there! It will be very helpful for the whole process!

As far as I know it is standard procedure and I would assume yes to a standard document. The police station knows it is for the embassy. Do you know about the contents sent in Packet 3?? Is there a packet 4????

Met Dec. 4 2006

Engaged Jan. 24

2nd visit - March 12 -27

INTERVIEW 8/22

July 3rd-Recieved Packet

10/26 Married!

1/15/08 Sent I-485

2/26 NOA

3/29 Received EAD Card

Timeline
As far as I know it is standard procedure and I would assume yes to a standard document. The police station knows it is for the embassy. Do you know about the contents sent in Packet 3?? Is there a packet 4????

Ok, than, you have nothing to worry about. It's good you've started taking care of it in advance.

As far as I know there is only packet 3 that your girl gets in the mail. It's ONLY ONE packet in cases with Russian K1 visas.

There is a description of papers to bring, types of photos to take for the visa and such-like stuff in packet 3. Nothing to worry about. But I am not 100% sure. wait for others to reply here.

Does anyone know what is in packet 3 and or 4. I would like to have all the necessary documents ahead of time as much as possible. My fiance went to the police station for her police certificate. She will get it in a month. Anything else I can get ahead of time???? Can we do the medical exam sooner rather than later???? :blink:

With Moscow there is no packet 4! There is just one packet (which I guess you could call packet 3) which your fiancee will get in the mail about a week after the Embassy received your case. It lists what she will need to bring to the interview, but there is nothing she has to return to the Embassy ahead of time.

Vladimir is a nice city. I've been through there a few times on the way to visit my fiancee who lives about an hour's drive north of there!

Timeline

Yes, Moscow combines packet 3 & 4. They have the date assigned when they mail the packet. You asked about the medical. Yes, she can get that ahead of time but sometimes it is easier to just do it while they are in Moscow for the interview. If she has a trip to Moscow before that she can get it out of the way.

A month for the police report is pretty common. The only other things to get out of the way are all your supporting documents such as the tax copies, letter from the bank and your employer, last three pay stubs, I-134 etc.

12/14/2006 Applied for K-1 with request for Waver for Multiple filings within 2 years.
Waiting - Waiting - Waiting
3/6 Called NVC file sent to Washington for "Administrative Review" Told to call back every few weeks. 7/6 Called NVC, A/R is finished, case on way to Moscow. YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/13 On Friday the 13th we see updated Moscow website with our interview on 9/11 (Hope we are not supersticious) 9/11 Visa Approved. Yahoo.
10/12 Tickets for her to America. I am flying to JFK to meet her there. 12/15/07 We are married. One year and a day after filling original K-1
12/27 Filed for AOS, EAD & AP 1/3 Received all three NOA-1's 1/22 Biometrics 2/27 EAD & AP received 4/12 Interview
5/19/08 RFE for physical that she should not have needed. 5/28 New physical ($ 250.00 wasted) 6/23 Green Card received
4/22/10 Filed for Removal of Contitions. 6/25 10 Year Green Card received Nov, 2014 Citizenship ceremony. Our journey is complete.

Timeline
Yes, Moscow combines packet 3 & 4. They have the date assigned when they mail the packet. You asked about the medical. Yes, she can get that ahead of time but sometimes it is easier to just do it while they are in Moscow for the interview. If she has a trip to Moscow before that she can get it out of the way.

A month for the police report is pretty common. The only other things to get out of the way are all your supporting documents such as the tax copies, letter from the bank and your employer, last three pay stubs, I-134 etc.

I was under the impression she would need something from the embassy before she can get the medical??????? She has relatives in Moscow so we can stay with them anytime for the medical. What else is in Packet 3???? I have all my I-134 documents, police report is in the process. Anything else I need other than 3 passport photos and translations?????? Do we need 2 copies of everything???? The Moscow Embassy site says "duplicate" of everything. ???????? Thanks for the help!!!

Met Dec. 4 2006

Engaged Jan. 24

2nd visit - March 12 -27

INTERVIEW 8/22

July 3rd-Recieved Packet

10/26 Married!

1/15/08 Sent I-485

2/26 NOA

3/29 Received EAD Card

I was under the impression she would need something from the embassy before she can get the medical??????? She has relatives in Moscow so we can stay with them anytime for the medical. What else is in Packet 3???? I have all my I-134 documents, police report is in the process. Anything else I need other than 3 passport photos and translations?????? Do we need 2 copies of everything???? The Moscow Embassy site says "duplicate" of everything. ???????? Thanks for the help!!!

The medical check can only be done in Moscow or Vladivostok, and only at the approved clinics. These are found in the packet, but they can also be found through the embassy website or by calling. As far as I know, there's no required paperwork to present, (they must get a sealed envelope from the medical check to take to the interview) they simply pay the fee and do what they must to comply with the check. (Shots, for instance.)

Police report one month.... pretty standard.

There is plenty of time between receiving the packet and going to the interview. Just be patient!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Don't forget medical exams are only good for one year. This becomes a bigger issue for AOS if you want to avoid doing another one here for big money without health insurance. Simply put if you jump the gun on the medical by a few months, then wait another few months to actually come to the US after the visa is issued and then wait some more months to file your AOS, the medical might expire by then.

Timeline

If all goes well she will leave with me August 31. We will then be married 3 days later and then immediately start the documents.

I was under the inpression they send the packet. Then we send the packet back with the required info. I just want to be able to send the packet back ASAP. I am not fully versed on this part of the K-1 process yet. Trying to get my ducks in a row. Still waiting for NOA2. Just got touched yesterday. Now I look at the USCIS site and my email every 2 minutes. :wacko:

Met Dec. 4 2006

Engaged Jan. 24

2nd visit - March 12 -27

INTERVIEW 8/22

July 3rd-Recieved Packet

10/26 Married!

1/15/08 Sent I-485

2/26 NOA

3/29 Received EAD Card

Timeline
If all goes well she will leave with me August 31. We will then be married 3 days later and then immediately start the documents.

I was under the inpression they send the packet. Then we send the packet back with the required info. I just want to be able to send the packet back ASAP. I am not fully versed on this part of the K-1 process yet. Trying to get my ducks in a row. Still waiting for NOA2. Just got touched yesterday. Now I look at the USCIS site and my email every 2 minutes. :wacko:

Hi Bill,

This is kinda off topic, but we are also still waiting for NOA2, and the last two days, have gotten touches, I hope that means approval, but so far no more updates or e-mails...I posted a while ago asking a similar question, and everyone said that for the Moscow embassy you don't send anything back to them in advance, just bring everything to the interview. If I am wrong, someone please correct me...GOOD LUCK, I hope you get your NOA2 asap!

Участник Русского Форума

03/2003: Met Online

12/2003: I went to Moscow as an exchange student, we met in person.

20/09/2006: Sergey proposes to me!

21/02/2007: I-129F Package mailed from Wroclaw, Poland to California Service Center

28/02/2007: NOA1 issued

22/5/2007:Approved!!!!!!!!!

04/06/2007:NVC received case

11/06/2007:Left NVC for Moscow

23/08/2007: INTERVIEW, APPROVED :)

You send nothing back to them. Your fiancee gets the packet, completes the documents (and gets a police check, medical check, applicable birth/death/divorce/etc., certs and translations) and you complete your financial stuff, send it to her, then she carries all of that (like, 12 pages) to the interview with her. That's it. The only thing you really "do" is send your fiancee your financial info. That's it. She has to get all required stuff in the packet done. Most of that she can't do until she gets the packet. (Well, she can, but as noted above, you wanna stay within the "window")

Chill out a little! You've got a couple months. Seems like your ducks are way more lined up than mine were! You'll be swimming just fine.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.