Ate

[USEM] Relationship Evidence

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi all, some background info first.  My USC boyfriend and I (Filipina) are still deciding which path to take, so nothing filed yet.  After weeks of online research, we are leaning towards CR1, but I still can't get over the idea of living apart after being married.

In any case, we plan to file by July this year, so we've started preparing the relationship evidence for whichever petition we decide to file.  My questions:

1.  Would it be a good idea to leave out chat logs?  I don't want USCIS and USEM to gag from our mushiness.  All those hearts and kissy-face emojis...
  2.  We plan to submit passport stamps, boarding passes, and pictures together from 3 vacations within the last 2 years.  Would that be good enough evidence for Manila?
  3.  If we go with CR1, aside from his updated insurance documents, we plan to add: my life insurance policy and my will listing him as beneficiary.  Are these good evidence of co-mingling finances?
  • I ask because I have yet to see examples of documents for Philippine-based assets being submitted as evidence.  If USCIS and USEM consider US-based documents as stronger evidence, I won't go through the hassle of updating my documents here.  My bf is fine to keep them the way they are, if we don't need them as evidence for our application.

I'm sure we'll have more questions in the coming months/years.  For now, I'd appreciate your input on these.  Thank you.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
57 minutes ago, Ate said:

Hi all, some background info first.  My USC boyfriend and I (Filipina) are still deciding which path to take, so nothing filed yet.  After weeks of online research, we are leaning towards CR1, but I still can't get over the idea of living apart after being married.

In any case, we plan to file by July this year, so we've started preparing the relationship evidence for whichever petition we decide to file.  My questions:

1.  Would it be a good idea to leave out chat logs?  I don't want USCIS and USEM to gag from our mushiness.  All those hearts and kissy-face emojis...
  2.  We plan to submit passport stamps, boarding passes, and pictures together from 3 vacations within the last 2 years.  Would that be good enough evidence for Manila?
  3.  If we go with CR1, aside from his updated insurance documents, we plan to add: my life insurance policy and my will listing him as beneficiary.  Are these good evidence of co-mingling finances?
  • I ask because I have yet to see examples of documents for Philippine-based assets being submitted as evidence.  If USCIS and USEM consider US-based documents as stronger evidence, I won't go through the hassle of updating my documents here.  My bf is fine to keep them the way they are, if we don't need them as evidence for our application.

I'm sure we'll have more questions in the coming months/years.  For now, I'd appreciate your input on these.  Thank you.

Relationship evidence is K-1 and only needed for the interview phase at the embassy, a small sampling of chat logs is usual evidence.    For filing the I-129F, having met within the past two years is one of the two requirements.

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/i-129f-petition-process.html

For the IR/CR-1 visa; evidence of a bona fide marriage is needed.  List of what is required for that is in the I-130 instructions.

As for Philippine assets a joint bank account in the Phils is possible, or if you have a deed in both names (but you would need to be married for this one).

https://www.uscis.gov/i-130

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/i-130-petition-process.html

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Relationship evidence is K-1 and only needed for the interview phase at the embassy, a small sampling of chat logs is usual evidence.    For filing the I-129F, having met within the past two years is one of the two requirements.

For the IR/CR-1 visa; evidence of a bona fide marriage is needed.  List of what is required for that is in the I-130 instructions.

As for Philippine assets a joint bank account in the Phils is possible, or if you have a deed in both names (but you would need to be married for this one).

Thank you, Hank.  I'm aware of the requirements from reading your website (thanks very much for creating it, btw!).

Mostly, I'm wondering whether the optional supporting documents are worth collecting and submitting.  Based on your reply, I gather that:

• If we choose K1, there's not much value in front-loading our petition with chat logs, but I should still bring some to the interview.
  • If we choose CR1, yes, we will get married and collect evidence.  But it doesn't seem like adding him as beneficiary in my life insurance policy and my will would add much value, as far as our petition is concerned.  We will probably focus on gathering US-based evidence instead.

As for adding him to my existing bank accounts in the Philippines, it wouldn't be possible with my bank.  We would need to set up a new account.  We'll probably skip this and set up an account in the US instead.  As for adding his name to my property deeds, this would involve multiple trips to multiple government offices and lots and lots of waiting in line.  We'll see first how much US-based evidence we can gather before we consider this option.

Thanks again for your input.  I'm sure this won't be the last time we'd need it ☺️

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.