JWaiver_2019

2019 J1 WAIVER TIMELINE - New Applicants

2,060 posts in this topic

On 1/11/2020 at 10:56 PM, qwerty101 said:

The first package goes to the US DoS waiver review division to file your waiver request form. Second package with the 3rd party barcode goes to your home embassy to ask them to submit your no-objection statement to the US DoS. The process for obtaining the NOS from home embassy varies for each country. You will need to check that with your home country's embassy.

On page 2, there are two addresses listed. Use the first address if you are using USPS to send your 1st package to US Dos or use the 2nd address if you use a courier service such as Fedex or UPS to send your package to US DoS.

Thank you so much! But what about the part that says we have to check the case number and address of last residence in all documents ando correspondence? Should I write these information in all papers? That I'm gonna send? 

And the l94 numbers? It's the number of the first time I arrived here, or the last time I was admitted to the country? 

On 1/7/2020 at 11:16 PM, adshah said:

Thanks for the reply. I also have a proof that my money order was chased by the Depart of State on November 5, 2019, so that is for sure. May be I should resubmit the application with the proof of payment.

I have not tried contacting the St. Louis office directly. I would, but there is no contact information available. This is the most frustration part about this application - lack of a good source of information.

I contacted my area's representative Congressmen's office and will send them all info and documents soon. Hopefully they can get some clarification. Will let you know if anything changes. Please let me know if you re-sending the documents helps you. If it does, I will do that too. good luck!

Hi Adshah,

did you hear anything from the Congressmen's office? I re-sent all my documents to St. Louis with a cover letter and supporting documents but I have no hope that they will be processed on time. As of today (01/13) there is still no update on the webpage.

14 hours ago, PK_ said:

On the DS-3035, was your physical address different than your mailing address?

You should be getting your initial USCIS receipt by now. The alternative way to get your receipt number is through:

1. Call USCIS - 1-800-375-5283
  2. Go to lost receipt number (Press 1-1-2-2)
  3. Mention that you filed I-612 form with the Vermont Service Center
  4. They will ask for your name, date of birth, address, etc. Make sure you give them the physical address that you have listed on the DS-3035 (not the mailing address)

Hi, @LauCC and @PK_ yay!! :)  I just went to the mail and found my I-797C form!! I have now a case number! 

Thank you so much for your advice!! 

Positive vibes for everybody!! :)

2 hours ago, Mgj1 said:

Just got my receipt number from USCIS today. Any news on your case? The only weird thing is that appears that they received in January 8th instead of Dec 20th. Hopefully I get the waiver before February. 

Hi, @Mgj1 yay!!! Yes, I just got it today!! :) I am sooo happy!! As it takes some days for them to receive the documents, mine says that they received it on 1/07/2020. 

Hopefully our cases will be approved soon and for sure, before February!! :) 

Positive vibes!!! 

1 minute ago, J1visa said:

Hi, @LauCC and @PK_ yay!! :)  I just went to the mail and found my I-797C form!! I have now a case number! 

Thank you so much for your advice!! 

Positive vibes for everybody!! :)

Awesome! You should be getting the final approval within a week. My online status did not get updated with the approval. 

1 minute ago, PK_ said:

Awesome! You should be getting the final approval within a week. My online status did not get updated with the approval. 

@PK_ Thank you!!! Great to know that within a week this first part of the process will be concluded. :) They didn't updated in the website but do you already have your case approved, right? 

10 hours ago, Natalia0112 said:

Thank you so much! But what about the part that says we have to check the case number and address of last residence in all documents ando correspondence? Should I write these information in all papers? That I'm gonna send? 

And the l94 numbers? It's the number of the first time I arrived here, or the last time I was admitted to the country? 

I think if you use the J1 waiver portal, it will create a packet of documents for you based on the information you enter and it automatically prints the case number on all pages. 

https://j1visawaiverrecommendation.state.gov/

I used my current I94 (last time I was admitted into the country).

52 minutes ago, J1visa said:

@PK_ Thank you!!! Great to know that within a week this first part of the process will be concluded. :) They didn't updated in the website but do you already have your case approved, right? 

Correct. I have received the approval notice in the mail, and even today, the status still says "Case Was Received At Another USCIS Office".

12 minutes ago, PK_ said:

Correct. I have received the approval notice in the mail, and even today, the status still says "Case Was Received At Another USCIS Office".

I will take that into account not to panic before I get my approval notice in the mail. 

Thank you! 

On 1/13/2020 at 9:28 AM, Han77 said:

Hi Adshah,

did you hear anything from the Congressmen's office? I re-sent all my documents to St. Louis with a cover letter and supporting documents but I have no hope that they will be processed on time. As of today (01/13) there is still no update on the webpage.

No. I sent all the information to the Congressmen's office yesterday and upon asking their office assistant how long will it be before I hear back, she said a week (but it didn't seem like she was very familiar with the 'help with government agency' service, so I think she just gave me a generic answer. I am also reseeding all my application and evidence that my fee was accepted, to both the St. Louis office and Washington office. Their website anyways says that the St. Louis office only processes fees and then forwards the application to Washington office. With a proof that fee has been paid, i think it makes sense to sent the documents to Washington also.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.