JWaiver_2019

2019 J1 WAIVER TIMELINE - New Applicants

2,060 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, tnnandi said:

Congratulations on getting the FR. Would you mind sharing your timeline? I submitted all my documents on Nov 19th, yet my case is in "pending" state.

I am on a similar timeline. DOS received documents on 28th Oct 2019 and the NOS from home embassy was received on 28th Nov 2019. Case is still pending. 

Based on some of the timelines posted earlier, I think it's taking approx. 1.5-2 months for DOS FR after 'all documents' have been received and then approx. 2 weeks to get final USCIS approval.

21 hours ago, tnnandi said:

Congratulations on getting the FR. Would you mind sharing your timeline? I submitted all my documents on Nov 19th, yet my case is in "pending" state.

Hi ... I have sent my documents on August 27th, 2019. The embassy of my country sent the NOS on August 28th, 2019. On the system shows that they received everything on September 25th,  2019. And I got the FR on Dec 20th. I still didn't get the waiver from USCIS. 

7 hours ago, qwerty101 said:

I am on a similar timeline. DOS received documents on 28th Oct 2019 and the NOS from home embassy was received on 28th Nov 2019. Case is still pending. 

Based on some of the timelines posted earlier, I think it's taking approx. 1.5-2 months for DOS FR after 'all documents' have been received and then approx. 2 weeks to get final USCIS approval.

Similar timeline here - all documents including NOS from home embassy received on Oct. 29th, case still pending. Hopefully will hear back soon.

On 12/21/2019 at 4:23 AM, J1visa said:

@jessjess  hii!! Check today, omg I am so happy!!! I got my FR in the system. Appears as sent yesterday. I went to bed thinking that there were exactly 2 months and nothing, but it is there today!! Yaaaay!!! :) Hopefully yours will be too! Stay positive! :) 

@J1visa Finally I got my FR in the system. It really took them 12 weeks. Now I'm waiting for the immigration office. Have you heard anything yet?

Screen Shot 2020-01-10 at 3.14.04 PM.png

Hello. Can somebody explain me what it means "check that the exchange visitor's case number and country/region of last residence is written on any documentation submitted, as well as on the outside envelope of ALL LEVELS future correspondence with the waiver review office". on the checklist? And do I have to send 2 packages only? One with all documents and a second one with third party barcode page? 

And in the instructions paper there is 2 address, witch one should I send? 

7 hours ago, Natalia0112 said:

Hello. Can somebody explain me what it means "check that the exchange visitor's case number and country/region of last residence is written on any documentation submitted, as well as on the outside envelope of ALL LEVELS future correspondence with the waiver review office". on the checklist? And do I have to send 2 packages only? One with all documents and a second one with third party barcode page? 

And in the instructions paper there is 2 address, witch one should I send? 

The first package goes to the US DoS waiver review division to file your waiver request form. Second package with the 3rd party barcode goes to your home embassy to ask them to submit your no-objection statement to the US DoS. The process for obtaining the NOS from home embassy varies for each country. You will need to check that with your home country's embassy.

On page 2, there are two addresses listed. Use the first address if you are using USPS to send your 1st package to US Dos or use the 2nd address if you use a courier service such as Fedex or UPS to send your package to US DoS.

On 1/6/2020 at 10:18 PM, LauCC said:

Hi! Congrats on your FR!! so your timeline was 2 months total for the DOS?? that's great... hope mine goes like that... still no news.. since Dec 10th... 

Hi, @LauCC Thank you! My timeline started on July 18th when I saw they received my documents. Then, on October 17th I saw the NOS from my Embassy in the system. On Dec. 20th the FR showed up as sent. I received a letter from DOS in which they Grant my waiver. It was addressed to USCIS, they sent a copy to my Embassy as well. But since then, I haven't received anything else. I called USCIS but I need the case number, and I don't have it. I am worried about it. So, in total there has been almost 6 months. 

On 1/10/2020 at 6:16 PM, jessjess said:

@J1visa Finally I got my FR in the system. It really took them 12 weeks. Now I'm waiting for the immigration office. Have you heard anything yet?

Hi, @jessjess  Yay!!! Congrats!!! :)

I haven't heard anything yet from USCIS. Hopefully next week. A copy of  my FR was sent on Dec. 20th to my Embassy too. 

On 1/10/2020 at 6:16 PM, jessjess said:

Hi, @jessjess  yay!!!Congrats!!!! :) 

Nothing yet in my snail mail :( 

11 hours ago, J1visa said:

Hi, @LauCC Thank you! My timeline started on July 18th when I saw they received my documents. Then, on October 17th I saw the NOS from my Embassy in the system. On Dec. 20th the FR showed up as sent. I received a letter from DOS in which they Grant my waiver. It was addressed to USCIS, they sent a copy to my Embassy as well. But since then, I haven't received anything else. I called USCIS but I need the case number, and I don't have it. I am worried about it. So, in total there has been almost 6 months. 

Oh I see... well I have no news, I’ll see how it goes. Thanks!

18 hours ago, J1visa said:

On the DS-3035, was your physical address different than your mailing address?

You should be getting your initial USCIS receipt by now. The alternative way to get your receipt number is through:

1. Call USCIS - 1-800-375-5283
  2. Go to lost receipt number (Press 1-1-2-2)
  3. Mention that you filed I-612 form with the Vermont Service Center
  4. They will ask for your name, date of birth, address, etc. Make sure you give them the physical address that you have listed on the DS-3035 (not the mailing address)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.