craig5977

Mixed Religion Dispensation

3 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Does anyone know or have recent experience in Vietnam of The Catholic Church granting a mixed religion dispensation to marry in the Catholic Church?

My fiance' is Catholic and I am Presbyterian.

Its important to her and her family we marry in the church.

Any help or advice is appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Craig

Timeline

Marry in Vietnam or here in the states? My wife was Catholic and I was Methodist and it took the church almost 2 years to finally give the OK to marry in the church. I was baptized and able to get my old church to find my records and give me the letter to turn in. Without that it would have taken longer. Whichever Diocese you marry at will have differences and need to go to the church and start the process as soon as possible.

Timeline

It helps to give some coffee money too. I can answer any questions about the process if you have any so feel free. Since I brought my wife over on a fiancee visa we had to marry by 90 days so we got a small wedding by a judge and then put in the paperwork for a church wedding right after. The family understood this and allowed us to live in sin and make whoopee but her mother did whine a lot so expect that from her.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.