MandyAlex

Should I contact CEAC?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

My I-130 case is currently stock at CEAC. All the requested forms and documents were uploaded almost 9 weeks ago DEC3. A couple of weeks later, 3 documents were rejected. I corrected and uploaded the rejected docs (Petitioner W2 Form, + Beneficiary's Birth Certificate and Certificate of Translation) on JAN3. The documents are showing "UPLOADED" on CEAC website since. Is anyone else experiencing similar delays? Should I contact NVC, and what's the best way for this? Thank you in advance.

K-1 Petition - California Service Center

Sent by FedEx: Feb 9 2016

Received at CSC: Feb 10 2016

NOA1: Feb 12 2016

Approved/NOA2: May 31 2016

NOA1 TO NOA2: 111 Days

NVC Received: July 26, 2016

NOA2 TO NVC: 56 Days

NVC Case #: July 27, 2016

NVC Processing: 3 Business Days

NVC To Consulate: July 29, 2016

Consulate Received: Aug 1, 2016

Consulate Ready: Aug 5, 2016

Interview: Sep 19, 2016

(Visa Approved!)

POE: Oct 17, 2016

Wedding: Dec 22, 2016

Filed for AOS: May 5, 2017

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

When I log in to the website for ours it reads 'Submitted' not uploaded. Did you submit the changed documents after you uploaded them? 

Timeline
29 minutes ago, cc13 said:

When I log in to the website for ours it reads 'Submitted' not uploaded. Did you submit the changed documents after you uploaded them? 

Yes, I did submit the updated docs after uploading them. If I remember correctly, they all said "UPLOADED" first, then changed to "ACCEPTED" (with a green checkmark right beside it), after they got reviewed 1-2 days later. Just now I tried to resubmit them, but that is not an option any longer, so I'm stock.  

Edited by MandyAlex

(Visa Approved!)

Timeline
Just now, MandyAlex said:

Yes, I did submit the updated docs after unloading them. If I remember correctly, they all said "UPLOADED" first, then changed to "ACCEPTED" (with a green checkmark right beside it), after they got reviewed 1-2 days later. Just now I tried to resubmit them, but that is not an option any longer, so I'm stock.  

How odd, I would definitely give them a call to find out what is up then. NVC phone : (603) 334-0700 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, cc13 said:

How odd, I would definitely give them a call to find out what is up then. NVC phone : (603) 334-0700 

Thanks! 

(Visa Approved!)

Timeline
1 minute ago, MandyAlex said:

Thanks! 

no problem! If they do let you know what the problem is let me know, as we have just started the wait for them to review our submitted docs. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, cc13 said:

no problem! If they do let you know what the problem is let me know, as we have just started the wait for them to review our submitted docs. 

I was able to speak to an NVC agent and she told me to go back to my CEAC account and delete the uploaded docs and resubmit. She explained for some reason the docs never got to their end and that's the reason they only showed "UPLOADED". I remember hitting the "Submit Documents" red tab but not sure why they didn't upload, perhaps something odd with my internet connection, I don't know. So I just signed back on and did exactly as I was told and uploaded and submitted the docs again. It now shows "SUBMITTED" (as yours) so the waiting continues. Thanks for bringing up that point of yours saying "SUBMITTED", I would had never know the difference. I'll keep you updated as soon as I know anything new. Good luck with your case!

(Visa Approved!)

Timeline
Just now, MandyAlex said:

I was able to speak to an NVC agent and she told me to go back to my CEAC account and delete the uploaded docs and resubmit. She explained for some reason the docs never got to their end and that's the reason they only showed "UPLOADED". I remember hitting the "Submit Documents" red tab but not sure why they didn't upload, perhaps something odd with my internet connection, I don't know. So I just signed back on and did exactly as I was told and uploaded and submitted the docs again. It now shows "SUBMITTED" (as yours) so the waiting continues. Thanks for bringing up that point of yours saying "SUBMITTED", I would had never know the difference. I'll keep you updated as soon as I know anything new. Good luck with your case!

oh wow. So glad you were able to get a human on the phone so quickly, and you were able to fix it. Hopefully now you get a case complete soon! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.