etapia

Dominican Republic Medical Results not sent to the embassy for interview

6 posts in this topic

My fiance and I had our interview last on the 23rd of January, the Consular Officer explained that they had not received his medical results in the system yet.  He explained that we would need to get his medical results and he would need to follow up with the doctors office where he took his exam.  The interesting thing is that he took his medical exam at the embassy in November, I asked the CO if we got approved  or not and he stated, "that he would need the medical results but we would not have to go through any more interviews."  I checked the ceac website and our case is under administrative processing awaiting the results.  Is this normal and should I assume that we are approved?  They told my fiance to come monday and pick them up but this is such a worrisome ordeal. Please offer any advice that you can. 

15 minutes ago, etapia said:

My fiance and I had our interview last on the 23rd of January, the Consular Officer explained that they had not received his medical results in the system yet.  He explained that we would need to get his medical results and he would need to follow up with the doctors office where he took his exam.  The interesting thing is that he took his medical exam at the embassy in November, I asked the CO if we got approved  or not and he stated, "that he would need the medical results but we would not have to go through any more interviews."  I checked the ceac website and our case is under administrative processing awaiting the results.  Is this normal and should I assume that we are approved?  They told my fiance to come monday and pick them up but this is such a worrisome ordeal. Please offer any advice that you can. 

Yes it is normal and no you should never assume you are approved.

The medical is a very important part of the immigration process. A beneficiary can NEVER BE APPROVED WITHOUT A COMPLETE AND CLEAR MEDICAL. For example, what if hard drugs are found in the beneficiaries system or it is found that the beneficiary has advanced Tuberculosis. A visa would clearly not be issued in either of those cases.

Follow their orders. If the beneficiary doesn't have any issues with the medical there shouldn't be anything to worry about. This is nothing against you personally. All checks of immigration (background, biometrics, medical) MUST be completed before a decision is made. 

Edited by NuestraUnion

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Thank you for your quick reply, what I am confused about is he took it back in November, wouldn't they have told him that something was wrong with his medical results by now? How will they be able to retrieve information from his results since nearly two months have passed. By the way my fiance is not worried but I am worried. I think this is crazy that they have not received the results considering when he took them. 

Edited by etapia

16 minutes ago, etapia said:

Thank you for your quick reply, what I am confused about is he took it back in November, wouldn't they have told him that something was wrong with his medical results by now? How will they be able to retrieve information from his results since nearly two months have passed. 

That is another issue. Could have been something out of the Embassy's hands. The results could have gotten lost or something. Remember, the Embassy is a separate entity of the health facility where the medical is performed. When a third party org is used then things can happen like delays or lost items.

Edited by NuestraUnion

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

On 1/26/2019 at 8:43 AM, etapia said:

Where did he go to get hsi medical done? Im asking so i have a headsup for any possible delays 🤦🏾‍♀️ and how soon before did he get his medical done?

9 hours ago, MsNina said:

Where did he go to get hsi medical done? Im asking so i have a headsup for any possible delays 🤦🏾‍♀️ and how soon before did he get his medical done?

I will have to ask him but I do recall him taking it at the consulate. He took his back in November and I heard they are notorious for losing medical results or not putting them in the system

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.