MagentaLife

Sapration with wife & Citizenship Interview Experience

4 posts in this topic

I had a citizenship interview on 22nd Jan and Since I m living saprate from my spouse, I was very upfront with USCIS officer regarding my current situation. 

Officer said He couldnt make the decision yet but He will either approve and schedule Oath for me or In case of daniel, he will withdraw my application. 

in case if my applications doesnt get approval because we are getting saprate. I have to wait 1 and half year to apply again under 5 year rule. But when can i get married again to file i130 for spouce? 

can i get married and apply for I130 as a permenant reaident? Or have to wait to become a citizen? 

Hi there, were you living in martial union at the time you filed for N400?

If your new spouse is living abroad, you can file I-130. It will fall under the F2A category which will take ca. 2 years to complete. You can already file it being a permanent resident. If you file as a naturalized citizen it will be shorter. You can also upgrade your petition after you filed it under F2A and it will become CR1.

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 1/25/2019 at 5:55 PM, Ejazsaiyed said:

Thank you for the response.! Yes we were in married union when I filled the application. I explained officer that I just got saprated a months ago but still married. 

I dont know what will be the outcome? If not Approved I have to wait till May 2020 until I can apply under 5 year rule. 

We have the same situation Me and my husband is getting a divorce now while my Citizenships is pending, I don’t have updates yet from Immigration for Interview but I had my biometrics last November. Did you get your citizenship? The officer withdraw your application?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.