SRNCR

EAD/ AP/ I485 priority dates

3 posts in this topic

Filed: J-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Hi all,

Just spent an hour on the phone with uscis and got no answer from them.

On 16 August 2018 USCIS received the i-130 my husband lodged for me. He is a USC and we are married so I'm eligible for concurrent filing. I was originally going via the CR1/ IR1 process but on the most recent trip to visit my husband had some personal circumstances change and I needed to stay to support him so I lodged my i485/ i765/ i131. On the NOA for the i485 it listed priority date as 16 August 2018. On the others there was only a received date, being 9 November 2018. 

I'm wondering if since I still technically filed concurrently if my EAD/ AP priority will also be considered as August or if it will be (or even can be?) different from my i485 priority date.

The best guess that the agent could give me was that it would be the August date but he honestly didnt know. Thanks everyone. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
17 hours ago, StaceyRogers said:

Hi all,

Just spent an hour on the phone with uscis and got no answer from them.

On 16 August 2018 USCIS received the i-130 my husband lodged for me. He is a USC and we are married so I'm eligible for concurrent filing. I was originally going via the CR1/ IR1 process but on the most recent trip to visit my husband had some personal circumstances change and I needed to stay to support him so I lodged my i485/ i765/ i131. On the NOA for the i485 it listed priority date as 16 August 2018. On the others there was only a received date, being 9 November 2018. 

I'm wondering if since I still technically filed concurrently if my EAD/ AP priority will also be considered as August or if it will be (or even can be?) different from my i485 priority date.

The best guess that the agent could give me was that it would be the August date but he honestly didnt know. Thanks everyone. 

PD for the I130 really doesn’t impact you as it will be actual processing time that controls the process now  I don’t believe the earlier unsubmitted 130 will trigger the AOS and associated EAD and AP to be brought up the pile but will be processed in the usual date received order. You may get an approved 130 and find it is sent to the NVC for the next step of Consular processing .. if that happens you will need to contact NVC and advise them that you have changed your processing to AOS 

Filed: J-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
On 1/24/2019 at 8:32 AM, Lil bear said:

PD for the I130 really doesn’t impact you as it will be actual processing time that controls the process now  I don’t believe the earlier unsubmitted 130 will trigger the AOS and associated EAD and AP to be brought up the pile but will be processed in the usual date received order. You may get an approved 130 and find it is sent to the NVC for the next step of Consular processing .. if that happens you will need to contact NVC and advise them that you have changed your processing to AOS 

Thank you! I had to call back the next day anyway for something else and got a more helpful agent. The AOS will be considered as being lodged in August but the EAD/AP will be processed by the November date! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.