4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Finland
Timeline

Hey all!

We got pretty much everything done in terms of our AOS paperwork. However, one question still remains: joint sponsor or not.

My wife (the petitioner of the affidavit of support) makes well above the poverty lines at the moment in her current job. Her annual income is $65 971. She has held this position for exactly one year and is employed full time. Her current income is not the problem however.

She lived with me in Finland in 2017, and her annual income was $7000 for that year.  (As shown in the irs transcripts). 2015 and 2016 she was still in university, and she made $26 000 in 2016. In 2015 she made $14 000.

We have a lingering sense of uncertainty in terms of whether or not using a joint sponsor for this application, based on her previous years’ tax returns. 

We of course have supporting documents from her current work that state the nature of her employment, her wage etc. On top of this we have printed out several paystubs from the beginning of her employment.

So I want to ask for advice.. Based on all this information, would we be best off applying with a co-sponsor or not? All and any responses are greatly appreciated :)

Of course it would be very benificial if the transcripts of 2018 were available, but not yet!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Pertster said:

Hey all!

We got pretty much everything done in terms of our AOS paperwork. However, one question still remains: joint sponsor or not.

My wife (the petitioner of the affidavit of support) makes well above the poverty lines at the moment in her current job. Her annual income is $65 971. She has held this position for exactly one year and is employed full time. Her current income is not the problem however.

She lived with me in Finland in 2017, and her annual income was $7000 for that year.  (As shown in the irs transcripts). 2015 and 2016 she was still in university, and she made $26 000 in 2016. In 2015 she made $14 000.

We have a lingering sense of uncertainty in terms of whether or not using a joint sponsor for this application, based on her previous years’ tax returns. 

We of course have supporting documents from her current work that state the nature of her employment, her wage etc. On top of this we have printed out several paystubs from the beginning of her employment.

So I want to ask for advice.. Based on all this information, would we be best off applying with a co-sponsor or not? All and any responses are greatly appreciated :)

Of course it would be very benificial if the transcripts of 2018 were available, but not yet!

Her current income is what is most important. The previous years income is voluntary, not mandatory to report. Her paystubs and job letter are good enough. Just send a letter explaining she was in school the previous tax years and out of the country. Take her 2018 W2’s and tax return to the interview. If you can wait for her 2018 W2 I would send that with your AOS packet. Send her last paystub for 2018, which will show her final gross income. Congratulations on getting so far in the process. I hope this response helps. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Finland
Timeline
7 minutes ago, SM&RM said:

Her current income is what is most important. The previous years income is voluntary, not mandatory to report. Her paystubs and job letter are good enough. Just send a letter explaining she was in school the previous tax years and out of the country. Take her 2018 W2’s and tax return to the interview. If you can wait for her 2018 W2 I would send that with your AOS packet. Send her last paystub for 2018, which will show her final gross income. Congratulations on getting so far in the process. I hope this response helps. 

Appreciate the response! A letter explaining the totality of the situations sounds like a very good idea. I think we will do just that and submit our stuff in :).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Pertster said:

Appreciate the response! A letter explaining the totality of the situations sounds like a very good idea. I think we will do just that and submit our stuff in :).

Okay, great! Wish you both the best. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.