Jackie&Yosdani

How can I claim my husband's daughter???

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

:help:

Ok.. here is the story..

My husband has a daughter in Cuba... and it is really hard on him,, with all the restrictions and ban againt Cuba to see her as ofter as he wishes..

I've been thinking of different things we can do to bring her to US.. but I'm sooo lost..

Does anyone know what we can do..??

Can I claim her as a US citizen?

Is it possible to do so, being that I am married to her father?

I know he can claim her as a US resident, but it takes many-many years for those visas to be granted...

:idea:

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Filed: Timeline

After changing the color of your post to Black (I am colored blind so dont see red) You should start by reading the giudes(link was given in previous post.... you can also call around immigration lawyers to see if you can get a free or low cost consultation and see what they sugest...

Good Luck

Kez

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

It's difficult to offer much in the way of advice since you didn't mention an important point; how old is the daugher? If your marriage occurred before the child turned 18 then you (as the USC) should be able to submit a petition as a stepparent with an I-130.

You've been provided a link for the guides, so hopefully you can obtain all/most of your answers there.

PJ

1-21-09 Getting Naturalization documents together.

smiley-995.pngsmiley-996.png

Disclaimer: i dunno nuthin bout birthin no babys, or bout imugrayshun.

Ok.. here is the story..

My husband has a daughter in Cuba... and it is really hard on him,, with all the restrictions and ban againt Cuba to see her as ofter as he wishes..

I've been thinking of different things we can do to bring her to US.. but I'm sooo lost..

I know he can claim her as a US resident, but it takes many-many years for those visas to be granted...

For certain you can't claim her as a US citizen - that's not something to claim, it's a birth-right and if she wasn't born to a USC mother or father, nor born on US soil - then no luck there.

If , when you filed the K1, and she's was under 21 (and remained so during the process) you could have petitioned for her as well. But that is not an option now I suppose.

In most cases you'd need some sort of release from the mother as well...

Hope it gets worked out... :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Ok.. here is the story..

For certain you can't claim her as a US citizen - that's not something to claim, it's a birth-right and if she wasn't born to a USC mother or father, nor born on US soil - then no luck there.

If , when you filed the K1, and she's was under 21 (and remained so during the process) you could have petitioned for her as well. But that is not an option now I suppose.

In most cases you'd need some sort of release from the mother as well...

Hope it gets worked out... :thumbs:

Thanks to all that replied..

that Link was very useful..

Thank you JenT

I found the information in that site very useful..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.