dwish

EAD-after fingerprints

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I just have been told it takes 90 days to have EAd card after biometrics not 90 days after receipt date. This person was a "supervisor" that have been connected after talking to a customer service rep.

Something I have heard first time!

DU

First time I've heard of that too.

My experience was different. My EAD was already approved even before I had my biometrics done. Proof is in my timeline. However, this was in 2005 and procedure for getting biometrics scheduled was different.

08/17/08: Mailed N400 to TSC

08/19/08: USPS attempted delivery

08/20/08: TSC received N400

08/21/08: TSC cashed check

09/02/08: Received NOA...........Priority date: 08/20/08

..............................................Notice date : 08/22/08

09/02/08: Received Biometrics Notification

09/18/08: Biometrics completed - Charlotte DO

10/24/08: Received Interview Letter

12/08/08: Interview @ 1:00pm. APPROVED!

01/05/09: Oath Ceremony 10:00AM. Now officially a USC!!!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

01/17/09: Applied for US Passport and passport card

01/28/09: Received US Passport

01/29/09: Received US passport card

01/29/09: Received naturalization certificate back from passport office

I just have been told it takes 90 days to have EAd card after biometrics not 90 days after receipt date. This person was a "supervisor" that have been connected after talking to a customer service rep.

More gems from the USCIS "misinformation" hotline I'm guessing.

The basic job description of people who work for the hotline is not to give out accurate information, but rather to tell people that they have to wait longer. That's all they ever seem to do.

Edited by Dr_LHA

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

When is the correct time to apply for the EAD? Should I send it in with the AOS Documents with the original submisson or wait until I receive the NOA 1 before sending in the I-765?

Chuck D

It's quicker and less of a hassle to send it with AOS. If you send it separately, they may ask you for proof that you've applied for AOS (since that's a requirement to apply for EAD). However, if someone cannot send both due to financial issues, I think you need to mail a copy of your AOS NOA1 as proof.

I-129F

10/23/2006 - I-129F approved (97 days from CSC)

AOS

03/03/2007 - Married!

03/14/2007 - I-485 + I-765 sent

03/21/2007 - NOA1, Checks cashed

06/01/2007 - EAD card production e-mail received (74 days)

07/27/2007 - EAD RECEIVED (57 days after approval)

11/29/2007 - Infopass appointment - file was sent to a storage facility before it was finished processing.

05/28/2008 - Received AOS Interview notice

07/10/2008 - AOS Interview-APPROVED pending fingerprints

09/22/2008 - GREEN CARD IN HAND!

Removing Conditions

06/04/2010 - Sent I-751

06/07/2010 - NOA1

06/09/2010 - Check cashed

07/22/2010 - Biometrics Appointment

09/08/2010 - Card production e-mail

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.