santoki

Physical Presence - Question 24

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Everyone, 

The instructions are a bit unclear for this question. Do they want me to list every single time I traveled out of the US my entire life? If so, I'll need more a lot more paper...

If not, and it's a residency question, there were two separate times in my 20s where I traveled to the country I was born to visit family for an extended period of time (6-9 months). I always maintained by US residency by having bank accounts, using credit cards and continuing to pay the loan on my vehicle.

Should trips of those lengths be included if I've always maintained my residency in the US (assuming they're only asking about times I left the country and wasn't a resident).

Thanks for any help on this!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Korea DPR
Timeline

Nobody here is a mind reader and your question and heading do not provide enough information. What form are you referring to and for which process? Is it for N400 for Naturalization?

If it is, they are only interested in the last five years prior to filing however that is not Question 24. It is Question 1-3 in Part 9

Edited by HonoraryCitizen

I am not in this world to live up to your expectations,

Neither are you here to live up to mine.

I don't owe no one no obligation 
So everything is fine, fine

I said, I am that I am I am, I am, I am

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
7 minutes ago, HonoraryCitizen said:

Nobody here is a mind reader and your question and heading do not provide enough information. What form are you referring to and for which process? Is it for N400 for Naturalization?

If it is, they are only interested in the last five years prior to filing however that is not Question 24. It is Question 1-3 in Part 9

I'm sorry I posted in the CRBA forum so I just assumed the application form (DS-2029) was the same for all. I'll edit my title if possible.

On DS-2029, Question 24 it refers to "precise periods of time in the US".

That is what my question was referring to.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.