CoMelly

CR1 MTL Waiting to Interview

386 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Did anyone get an interview??

I just called. They're not done scheduling yet.

I phoned on Friday and was told to try Wednesday of this week. :(

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Pretty heartbreaking, it's been 5 months and 1 day of waiting since case complete for me.

The operator gave me the number for the Visa Center in Washington again.

If I don't get one for October, I am going to organize a mass complaint operation...

Timeline

Tonite the NVC phone line is just a busy signal - I think they may actually have phone off the hook until Wednesday... they must be pretty sick of us.

Just adding what I can about our timeline with some commentary thrown in.

Met in 1999, engaged eve of the Millenium, Married 2001. I moved to Canada on a work visa, became Canadian resident and citizen pretty quickly and easily. We always wanted to end up in the US. Our story is one of being a bit too slow.

We received DS-230 and I-864 foms at the same time in August last year.

• We delayed in submitting these because we were both living in Canada and I had to re-establish domicile… we weren’t prepared for that limitation. It took several months for us to ensure we understood relevant aspects of this and for me prepare to leave my current job, etc. We were scared about the timing. We thought the interview wait would be only a few months, so we didn’t want to submit our forms to early, have the interview scheduled and me potentially not have at least a job in the US to show re-domiciling. We decided to wait to submit the forms until I got a job offer. This happened in early May of this year.

• DS 230 and I-864 Mailed May 1, 2007. Had we known of the time lag, we would have felt comfortable submitting the forms earlier and before I had a job offer. We hadn’t heard of K visas… don’t think they were around when we started the process, and we didn’t track those developments. Heck, had we just submitted our applications two months earlier, we’d be there already. I’ve noticed there are K people at Montreal who getting interviews quicker than IR/CR people from complete dates.. a two month schedule which is what we should be getting too – I don’t think the intention of the K program was to make permanent immigrants in the queue wait longer.

• End of May. NVC sent back DS 230 asking for two bizarrely meaningless corrections. Justifying their existence I guess. Resubmitted overnight.

• Case complete at NVC June 6 2007.

• Since July we called every day for a long time. Lately just monthly. We did not plan / expect this long of a separation. Neither of us have major family / friend support systems, especially hubby who is left behind, very down and now living in a motel since we sold our house in July. Economic stress, new job at my end with lots of pressure, this totally sucks - Marriage ain't meant to be by telephone - it's really a strain. Plus I promised him he wouldn't have to live through another northern winter!

I’m praying for the April IR1/CR1 people to get an October interview, at least that would show progress. I’m totally on board with a major cafuffle of letter writing, emails and calls and complaints, whatever you can think of.

the empty half of C&C that lives in Texas now

Timeline
Tonite the NVC phone line is just a busy signal - I think they may actually have phone off the hook until Wednesday... they must be pretty sick of us.

Just adding what I can about our timeline with some commentary thrown in.

Met in 1999, engaged eve of the Millenium, Married 2001. I moved to Canada on a work visa, became Canadian resident and citizen pretty quickly and easily. We always wanted to end up in the US. Our story is one of being a bit too slow.

We received DS-230 and I-864 foms at the same time in August last year.

• We delayed in submitting these because we were both living in Canada and I had to re-establish domicile… we weren’t prepared for that limitation. It took several months for us to ensure we understood relevant aspects of this and for me prepare to leave my current job, etc. We were scared about the timing. We thought the interview wait would be only a few months, so we didn’t want to submit our forms to early, have the interview scheduled and me potentially not have at least a job in the US to show re-domiciling. We decided to wait to submit the forms until I got a job offer. This happened in early May of this year.

• DS 230 and I-864 Mailed May 1, 2007. Had we known of the time lag, we would have felt comfortable submitting the forms earlier and before I had a job offer. We hadn’t heard of K visas… don’t think they were around when we started the process, and we didn’t track those developments. Heck, had we just submitted our applications two months earlier, we’d be there already. I’ve noticed there are K people at Montreal who getting interviews quicker than IR/CR people from complete dates.. a two month schedule which is what we should be getting too – I don’t think the intention of the K program was to make permanent immigrants in the queue wait longer.

• End of May. NVC sent back DS 230 asking for two bizarrely meaningless corrections. Justifying their existence I guess. Resubmitted overnight.

• Case complete at NVC June 6 2007.

• Since July we called every day for a long time. Lately just monthly. We did not plan / expect this long of a separation. Neither of us have major family / friend support systems, especially hubby who is left behind, very down and now living in a motel since we sold our house in July. Economic stress, new job at my end with lots of pressure, this totally sucks - Marriage ain't meant to be by telephone - it's really a strain. Plus I promised him he wouldn't have to live through another northern winter!

I’m praying for the April IR1/CR1 people to get an October interview, at least that would show progress. I’m totally on board with a major cafuffle of letter writing, emails and calls and complaints, whatever you can think of.

the empty half of C&C that lives in Texas now

I did manage to get through to the NVC today (@9PM EDT). I was told to try back on Wednesday as they have not finished scheduling yet. I (well, my parents) also believed that MTL wouldn't take this long. Mom had a chance to go via AOS but figured that it wouldn't be too long. Who knew?

IR5

Timeline

I just wanted to stick this in there - IR1 and CR1 interviews are apparently on a different timeline as well.

Karina, an IR1 with case complete in June, had her interview already, so maybe you're next in line.

As for us CR1s, we're just screwed. I haven't seen any of us get interviews scheduled since March.

A very bleak future. Something about being married a year and a half and not being allowed to live together.... "American Family Values" my ###.

Timeline
I just wanted to stick this in there - IR1 and CR1 interviews are apparently on a different timeline as well.

Karina, an IR1 with case complete in June, had her interview already, so maybe you're next in line.

As for us CR1s, we're just screwed. I haven't seen any of us get interviews scheduled since March.

A very bleak future. Something about being married a year and a half and not being allowed to live together.... "American Family Values" my ###.

My parents are IR5 but they're not in a mad rush to get to the interview. They figure that sooner or later it's going to happen. I think they have resigned themselves to the fact that they will probably go to MTL in December or January. I have been hurrying up and getting all the documents in order and trying to take care of physicals and the like. Not much else to do, just be prepared.

IR5

Timeline
Pretty heartbreaking, it's been 5 months and 1 day of waiting since case complete for me.

If I don't get one for October, I am going to organize a mass complaint operation...

I just called NVC, was on hold for about 5 min, talked to very nice lady, she told me "they finished sch. for Oct last week and we didn't get an interview, so I should call second week of Nov, or Dec and hopefully I'll get a good news by then"

can you belive that?

I talked to them last friday and was told that they will not be done till this comming wed or thu, and I should call back later, I wonder if the other lady I talked to last friday just wanted to get be off the phone. who knows....

I-130

July 6 2006 sent I-130

Aug 2006 nothing is happening

Sep 21 2006 I -130 approved, notified via email, never received anything in the mail

Oct 4 2006 docs where returned to USCIS by post office as undeliverable, notified via emailed

Oct 4 2006 called USCIS, was told to send in I-824

Oct 5 2006 sent in I-824

Oct 4 2006 NVC received docs, assigned Case Number

Oct 24 2006 Received Choice of agent and AOS fee bill

Oct 26 2006 Emailed Choice of Agent

Oct 27 2006 Email from NVC saying Choice of Agent accepted

Oct 30 2006 IV bill sent by NVC

Nov 01 2006 AOS bill mailed to NVC

Nov 04 2006 IV bill arrived

Nov 08 2006 IV bill returned

Nov 20 2006 ds-230 generated

Feb 20 2007 I-864 returned

Feb 27 2007 ds-230 returned

Apr 12 2007 all documents received by NVC

Apr 26 2007 case completed

Nov 16 2007 Interview date

Nov 16 2007 APPROVED....

Timeline

I just called NVC, was on hold for about 5 min, talked to very nice lady, she told me "they finished sch. for Oct last week and we didn't get an interview, so I should call second week of Nov, or Dec and hopefully I'll get a good news by then"

can you belive that?

I talked to them last friday and was told that they will not be done till this comming wed or thu, and I should call back later, I wonder if the other lady I talked to last friday just wanted to get be off the phone. who knows....

No one can know the NVC, that is the mystery of the NVC :crying:

IR5

Timeline

djc-have you heard anything from your senator?

met summer 1999, summer 2000 hooked up-whoo hoo summer fling

summer fling failed to fizzle, married 2003

I-130 mailed 12/15/03

4/1/04 no word from NE contacted senators office, app found

NOA1 4/13/04

Gave up on ridiculously long US process-started Canadian

12/4/04 submitted app

LSS app returned because of missed signatures, lost in transit, resubmitted in June

9/28/05 landed, yippie

10/4/05 fly back to US to "finish up Master's" lose mind and switch to PhD

Damn it back to the US process

3/something/2005 finally get NOA2, no idea why it took so long

4/15/07 get case approval from NVC

8/9/07 Montreal here we come

10/14/07 hubby activated his visa

Timeline

can you belive that?

Kaftar, I've been wondering where you were! I need your support here!! We're in the same miserable boat....

I'm calling again on Wednesday. Hopefully your "nice lady" operator didn't read the morning memos... :wacko:

djc-have you heard anything from your senator?

Thermophile, I am going to vote for anyone other than our current senators.

Good thing I have a big mouth and have contact with lots and lots and lots of people...

Timeline

Really? I was wondering why she got an interview while the rest after March hadn't - so Karina is the one IR1 on the list besides us (that's married longer, right?)

But that shouldn't be. I don't see why a K application for recent spouse or fiance should take a shorter time than a CR for same. That's what should be emphasized in complaints... Hey guys, Ks are important, but did you forget about us????????

Exactly.

Timeline
This morning I was told to call back Friday. Fantasizing that they suddenly found the boxes with our files in them and are scrambling to adjust...

Hmmm... NVC continually blames the Montreal consulate for being slow...

Really? I was wondering why she got an interview while the rest after March hadn't - so Karina is the one IR1 on the list besides us (that's married longer, right?)

But that shouldn't be. I don't see why a K application for recent spouse or fiance should take a shorter time than a CR for same. That's what should be emphasized in complaints... Hey guys, Ks are important, but did you forget about us????????

Exactly.

Karina and whoever missed her interview that got rescheduled super quick, are both IR1 - married over 2 years.

Maybe they're making all the CR1s wait until they've been married two years :blink:

Timeline

Hey All.

Haven't logged in for quite some time - was trying to let the time pass without as little thought as possible to how frustrating the wait is!! Thanks for those that have been keeping the table up to date in my absence!

However, I was starting to get freaked out about people's short notice for the medical so I came to get some info. For those in Calgary, I found the web site for the doctor - I'm sure it's been posted elsewhere too, but I just wanted to share in case anyone hadn't seen it and wanted to. It has the medical info nicely spelled out.

http://www.hummingbirdcosmetic.com/html/practice.html

I think we're going to go ahead and get it over with. Anyone done theirs recently?

aflag6.gifCanada-03-june.gif

Melissa & Josh

I-130 for CR-1 @CSC

02.01.07 :-: Mailed to NSC.

02.02.07 :-: Received by NSC.

02.08.07 :-: NOA1 from CSC.

04.19.07 :-: NOA2.

I-130 for CR-1 @NVC

05.01.07 :-: NVC assigned case number.

05.21.07 :-: DS3032 and AOS Bill generated.

05.22.07 :-: E-mailed Choice of Agent.

05.24.07 :-: Choice of Agent e-mail accepted.

05.28.07 :-: IV Bill generated.

05.29.07 :-: AOS Bill received/paid.

06.11.07 :-: I-864 generated.

06.14.07 :-: IV Bill received/paid.

06.25.07 :-: DS-230 generated.

06.26.07 :-: I-864 received/sent.

07.14.07 :-: DS-230 received/sent.

07.30.07 :-: Case complete.

10.09.07 :-: Hubby got medical in anticipation of interview.

10.17.07 :-: Email from NVC with interview date!!

10.19.07 :-: Case forwarded to Montreal.

10.22.07 :-: Interview letter received.

12.6.07 :-: INTERVIEW!!!

Timeline
Hey All.

Haven't logged in for quite some time - was trying to let the time pass without as little thought as possible to how frustrating the wait is!! Thanks for those that have been keeping the table up to date in my absence!

However, I was starting to get freaked out about people's short notice for the medical so I came to get some info. For those in Calgary, I found the web site for the doctor - I'm sure it's been posted elsewhere too, but I just wanted to share in case anyone hadn't seen it and wanted to. It has the medical info nicely spelled out.

http://www.hummingbirdcosmetic.com/html/practice.html

I think we're going to go ahead and get it over with. Anyone done theirs recently?

Great link comelly thanks. Think my Husband should partake of the 'Revitalizing Algae Wrap' while he is on site!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.