CoMelly

CR1 MTL Waiting to Interview

386 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

humm, I found our interviewer fairly obnoxious. he had this really annoying smirk on his face the whole time. the woman who looked through our file and took the hubby's fingerprints was really nice.

I was surprised about the room where the interview took place. we stood on one side of a window and the interviewer spoke through a microphone to us. it's obvious that none of these interviews take very long because there wasn't anywhere for us to sit down.

Crossing the border Sat. without my husbands passport was easy. He wanted to know why the US consulate had a Canadian's passport but let us through as soon as we explained that they were putting the IR1 visa in it. The wait at Coutts was at least half an hour-it's been like that all 5 times that I crossed there this summer.

met summer 1999, summer 2000 hooked up-whoo hoo summer fling

summer fling failed to fizzle, married 2003

I-130 mailed 12/15/03

4/1/04 no word from NE contacted senators office, app found

NOA1 4/13/04

Gave up on ridiculously long US process-started Canadian

12/4/04 submitted app

LSS app returned because of missed signatures, lost in transit, resubmitted in June

9/28/05 landed, yippie

10/4/05 fly back to US to "finish up Master's" lose mind and switch to PhD

Damn it back to the US process

3/something/2005 finally get NOA2, no idea why it took so long

4/15/07 get case approval from NVC

8/9/07 Montreal here we come

10/14/07 hubby activated his visa

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

There you are Thermophile.

Congratulations! I was wondering what happened, but I never thought to look in this thread :blush:

2006/11/29 : I-129F Sent

2006/12/12: I-129F NOA1 (Receipt)

2007/02/22: I-129F NOA2 (Approved)

2007/03/06: Package Left From NVC

2007/03/21: Rec Instructions (Pkt 3)

2007/03/27: Pkt 3 sent to Montreal Consulate

2007/03/28: Pkt 3 rec. @ Montreal Consulate

2007/04/12: Entered into system

2007/04/19: Medical

2007/07/25: Phone call, interview Aug/Sept. Email, at least 6 months for interview

2007/08/01: Phone call, 5-7 months

2007/08/08: Phone call. INTERVIEW

2007/08/16: Interview letter arrives.

2007/09/03: My baby girl leaves for Trent University

2007/09/12: Interview@8:15 APPROVED

2007/09/19: Visa received in hand

2007/10/08: POE Sarnia/Port Huron

2007/10/09: Home

Timeline

Hey all, just arrived at home in NC about 3 days ago, and have been busy at a wedding, so I haven't been able to log on and see if there has been any progress with MTL. Has anyone else been scheduled for September? I'm going to call tomorrow first thing in the morning, so wish me luck!!!!

Sept.09/06 Married!!!

Dec.21/06 Sent I-130

Jan.04/04 Received NOA1

Feb.23/06 Sent I-129F

March06/06 USCIS Website States: "Approval Notice Sent."

March15/07 Approval notice arrives in snail mail

March 18/07 NOA1 for I-129F

April 10/07 DS-3032+ AOS fee arrive

April 17/07 Sent back DS-3032 + AOS fee via overnight delivery

May 05/07 AOS arrives in mail

May 07/07 IV bill arrives in mail

May 08/08 Sent back IV bill

May 21 NVC generates DS-230

June 4/07 Mailed DS-230 via overnight delivery.

June 7/07 DS-230 entered into the system

June 18/07 Case Complete!

July 25/07 Medical

September 4/07 Contacted State Senator Re: MTL backlog

Dec.6/07 INTERVIEW..... APPROVED!!!! (After being kept awake all night in dirty clothes standing outside my hotel because Air Canada lost my luggage and my hotel started on fire. Meh, sleep is highly over-rated anyways.)

Dec.18/07 Moved to the US

Oct. 29/09 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

"We come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly"

Timeline

Just called NVC, they are done scheduling for September, and no interview. (On top of that I had to speak to the rude #^$%@& named Roberto again.)

No words to explain how crushed I am right now. I have to leave my husband again in a week with still no end in sight. I'm not sure how much longer I can hold onto my sanity :angry:

Sept.09/06 Married!!!

Dec.21/06 Sent I-130

Jan.04/04 Received NOA1

Feb.23/06 Sent I-129F

July 25/07 Medical

Dec.6/07 INTERVIEW..... APPROVED!!!! (After being kept awake all night in dirty clothes standing outside my hotel because Air Canada lost my luggage and my hotel started on fire. Meh, sleep is highly over-rated anyways.)

"We come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly"

Timeline
Just called NVC, they are done scheduling for September, and no interview. (On top of that I had to speak to the rude #^$%@& named Roberto again.)

No words to explain how crushed I am right now. I have to leave my husband again in a week with still no end in sight. I'm not sure how much longer I can hold onto my sanity :angry:

Misty, you're so close I see an interview for you in October! And it's nice that US and Canadian folks can see each other on a semi-regular basis, let's be grateful that our spouses can come and see us during the visa application process.

Congrats Thermophile!!

:)

CR1 application

I-130: 03/26/2007-07/02/2007 at NSC

NVC: 07/20/2007-11/08/2007

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 01/18/2008

(2 months' additional security checks)

Received Green Card: 05/12/2008

Removal of Conditions

I-751: 2/25/10-

Timeline

I should have posted in this thread... my case was complete April 16 and no interview for me, either.

I burst into tears while I was on the phone with the rep. She said she was very sorry and some other blah blah... I hung up on her. I didn't mean to. But I did.

If you figure out a way to hold onto your sanity, let me know. I think I lost mine last month.

Filed: Timeline

oh you guys.... i am sad to hear that there's still no interviews scheduled.... :(

hang in there! you are almost in the finish line....!

I should have posted in this thread... my case was complete April 16 and no interview for me, either.

I burst into tears while I was on the phone with the rep. She said she was very sorry and some other blah blah... I hung up on her. I didn't mean to. But I did.

If you figure out a way to hold onto your sanity, let me know. I think I lost mine last month.

IR1 CSC

10/30/06- NOA 1

3/13/07- Approved! :)

3/26/07- received MTL case #

4/23/07- Choice of Agent and AOS Bill generated

4/24/07- Emailed Choice of Agent and Mailed out AOS Bill

4/26/07- NVC confirms Choice of Agent

4/30/07- NVC mails out the IV Bill

5/07/07- Received IV Bill

5/09/07- Mailed out IV Bill & I-864 Package

5/14/07- NVC said they are reviewing the I-864 Package

5/15/07- Mailed out I-864 CoSponsor Package

5/16/07- NVC received IV Bill

5/21/07- NVC generates DS-230, mailed out DS-230

6/01/07- NVC completes case!

8/30/07-- Interview date! Approved

I-129F transfered to CSC

12/26/06- NOA 1

1/17/07- touch

4/25/07- touch

4/26/07- touch

5/3/07- Approved! :)

5/14/07- NVC confirms receiving K-3 Application

5/16/07- NVC mails K-3 Application to Montreal Embassy

6/12/07- Was put on MTL waiting list

Timeline
oh you guys.... i am sad to hear that there's still no interviews scheduled.... :(

Did ANYONE get a CR1 interview for Sept?!?!?!

Timeline

Did ANYONE get a CR1 interview for Sept?!?!?!

Not a single person. I am seriously thinking they have forgotten about CR1's, or are just not scheduling anymore until they catch up with K1's and K3's. Djc has been waiting since April, Gladys has also been waiting a while now, and I know there are a handful more who are more than overdue for an interview. I almost started getting excited when I noticed all the K1/K3 interviews being scheduled for October, until I sat back and thought about it a bit more. That is still two months away, so it sounds like they are just scheduling further ahead now so that everyone won't be sitting in the dark quite as long. Probably the result of all the calls being made to Congressmen lately. I guess that's a good thing though, since at least all of you with October interviews now have a date to look forward to, and can start planning your lives.

So with that being said, they probably aren't catching up on the backlog, but are just scheduling two months ahead now to try to shut us up and stop the phone calls. I'm sure those of you waiting from as far back as April are going to be hearing some good news next month. As for yours truly, if Mr. Roberto at NVC pulls the attitude again with me when I call on the 15th, I'm removing him from my Christmas card list, but only after I throw the phone out the window and drive over it 4 or 5 times while he reads me the "you aren't getting an interview next month, so go away" script that they are becoming so famous for.

Sept.09/06 Married!!!

Dec.21/06 Sent I-130

Jan.04/04 Received NOA1

Feb.23/06 Sent I-129F

July 25/07 Medical

Timeline

Misty, I was thinking exactly the same thing, they're not really ahead, just giving the interviews out much further ahead then they were....

Goodluck to all of you, I hope you hear something soon!!

2006/11/29 : I-129F Sent

2006/12/12: I-129F NOA1 (Receipt)

2007/02/22: I-129F NOA2 (Approved)

2007/03/06: Package Left From NVC

2007/03/21: Rec Instructions (Pkt 3)

2007/03/27: Pkt 3 sent to Montreal Consulate

2007/03/28: Pkt 3 rec. @ Montreal Consulate

2007/04/12: Entered into system

2007/04/19: Medical

2007/07/25: Phone call, interview Aug/Sept. Email, at least 6 months for interview

2007/08/01: Phone call, 5-7 months

2007/08/08: Phone call. INTERVIEW

2007/08/16: Interview letter arrives.

2007/09/03: My baby girl leaves for Trent University

2007/09/12: Interview@8:15 APPROVED

2007/09/19: Visa received in hand

2007/10/08: POE Sarnia/Port Huron

2007/10/09: Home

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hubby's CR-1 was completed at the NVC on 8-30-07......

not too shabby for the NVC overall

8 months total and the delays were caused by us; we waited 3 months to send back the choice of agent and then took us 6 weeks to respond to the July RFE. They received the response in the system on 8-21 and completed review 9 days later ......Im moderately impressed.

so whats the concensus on case complete to interview as of late?

google.gif

Timeline
Hubby's CR-1 was completed at the NVC on 8-30-07......

not too shabby for the NVC overall

8 months total and the delays were caused by us; we waited 3 months to send back the choice of agent and then took us 6 weeks to respond to the July RFE. They received the response in the system on 8-21 and completed review 9 days later ......Im moderately impressed.

so whats the concensus on case complete to interview as of late?

Glad to hear you got the case completed! :)

I was just looking at your timeline... while I know that you both want to get the CR-1 over with, if you choose to interview after your 2nd wedding anniversary he'll be granted a 10 year greencard and not required to lift conditions. Just a thought if you feel like taking a break from this stuff for awhile and if he doesn't need to work right away. If he does need to work, he can also file for an EAD based on his K3.

K3 Timeline - 2006-11-20 to 2007-03-19

See the comments section in my timeline for full details of my K3 dates, transfers and touches. Also see my Vancouver consulate review and my POE review.

AOS & EAD Timeline

2007-04-16: I-485 and I-765 sent to Chicago (My AOS/EAD checklist)

2007-04-17: Received at Chicago

2007-04-23: NOA1 date (both)

2007-05-10: Biometrics appointment (both - Biometrics review)

2007-06-05: AOS interview letter date

2007-06-13: AOS interview letter received in mail

2007-07-03: EAD card production ordered

2007-07-07: EAD card received! (yay!)

2007-08-23: AOS interview (Documents / Interview review)

2007-08-23: Green card production ordered!!!

2007-08-24: Welcome notice mailed!

2007-08-27: Green card production ordered again... ?

2007-08-28: Welcome notice received!

2007-09-01: Green card received!

Done with USCIS until May 23, 2009!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

thanks misa ......that is definately something that has crossed my mind. the thing that concerns me most with pushing off an interview is the issue folks like neiks and others have had trying to get a reschedule in a timely manner. i think i would rather deal with an interview now and then deal with removing conditions in 2 years ( a breather if you will) . seems to me filing for ead is just more uscis paperwork i dont wanna hassle with during a time im not focused enough to deal with it.

google.gif

Timeline

Hi all,

I wanted to add myself to this list, but the last update I see is July 31st, post number 62 is this the last time it was updated (just in case I'm missing something here)? Didn't want to mess it up by updating an old list.

Cheers,

Maureen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.