icanbenobody

AOS interview//LouisvilleKY

3 posts in this topic

Arrive in downtown at about 10:27, appointment is 10:45 took a few minutes before we find a parking lot. We went to check in first and there they ask for appointment notice and our k1/k2 passports and also ask my husband if he has a drivers license. And tell us to wait. We waited 20 or so before they call our family name they ask me first and told me that my daughter could come with me if she want to.

Inside the room he told me that we must do the oath..im so dumb and ask him twice if i should sit or stand lol

When the oath was done he told me that he is going to confirm my application first and ask about our story  before we proceed to yes or no question. 

Here are the questions that he ask me:

*What is my name, (i was so confuse which name last nake should i say lol i said my married last name and he ask about my maiden name lol )

*What is my spouse name

*My daughter's name

*fathers name

*mother name

*Husband birthday

*when and how did me and husband meet

*if we have joint bank account (i said no because i wasnt able to get a ssn which need to open a bank account and he said i understand)

*when did we get married

*If there are witness in our wedding(i said yes but we dont know them the justice of the peace just grab it in the building and he said yea i did that once too i witness couples i dont know wedding)

*Ask if we had party or big event after (i said no,we just goes straight to the restaurant and he ask what restaurant i said i dunno the name haha)

* If we live in a house or apartment (i said house then he ask who own the house i said my husband)

*He ask my daughter what her birthday(but my daughter english understanding is not great lol she only say her month and day of birth hehe )

*Ask the yes or no answer (this is the one that we answer in I-485

Next is husband: (he only ask him a simple question and he came out after 3 or 5 minutes

The IO was with him when he got out the room and the IO ask me if he gave me back our passports and i said yes.. and because i like to ask questions for confirmation i ask him if we got approved and he smiled and showed to my face the piece of paper and said here you go this is your result wait for 4-6 weeks for the actuall green card. I will recommend you for approval.

Husband said IO said that i dont need EAD/AP when i received my greencard..

We are going back to SSA when i got my green card for ssn. 

He didnt get/ask for my bonafide evidence.. He saw my plastic envelope with some docs but he said i dont need to actually bring/need them during my aos interview. He was so nice and we talk like a good friends,it was full of laugher and i was so comfortable. 

This was in LOUISVILLE KY USCIS local office.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.