Hahz

IR1 visa AP 4 months

11 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
1 hour ago, Hahz said:

Hi. My husband interview was August 2018. He got out under AP after submitting some supplemental questions they asked for after the interview. We have had no update since. Status online says AP since last update October. Every time I email them they just say AP. IR 1 visa. Been four months with no news. 

I am sorry that you are going through this, my husband was in AP also for 48 days and that for me was long enough I can't imagine what your going through.

sad as it is AP is a black hole, it can take weeks to months, to years...if they asked him for supplemental form I assume DS5535 they are likely conducting extensive background on him and that does take time.

I hope you will have good news soon.

55 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

I am sorry that you are going through this, my husband was in AP also for 48 days and that for me was long enough I can't imagine what your going through.

sad as it is AP is a black hole, it can take weeks to months, to years...if they asked him for supplemental form I assume DS5535 they are likely conducting extensive background on him and that does take time.

I hope you will have good news soon.

Thanks. How long ago was your interview. The embassy just doesn’t want to communicate. Every time I send them something they are like it’s under AP. They don’t even answer my questions. Also last update in October. 

Wjere does fhe AP happen? Back in the USA? 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Hahz said:

Thanks. How long ago was your interview. The embassy just doesn’t want to communicate. Every time I send them something they are like it’s under AP. They don’t even answer my questions. Also last update in October. 

Wjere does fhe AP happen? Back in the USA? 

husbands interview was August 26, 2018 happened in Egypt.

They had at that time only ever answered one email.

I remember waking to multi calls from my husband and when I texted him after many hours he said they called him to turn in his passport we were both shocked.

221G given at interview no missing documents, not asking for other forms, or evidence just straight to AP

6 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

husbands interview was August 26, 2018 happened in Egypt.

They had at that time only ever answered one email.

I remember waking to multi calls from my husband and when I texted him after many hours he said they called him to turn in his passport we were both shocked.

221G given at interview no missing documents, not asking for other forms, or evidence just straight to AP

My husbands was aug 30. They asked him for proof of domicile. After we sent that they sent him this word doc of supplemental questions. Not even a legit form with no seal. We sent that Sept 24 and haven’t heard back since. Every time I try to ask them what the hold up they say it’s hard to predict the time. Each case is diff. We have been married for six years. I do Not get it. They didn’t even ask for his passport. His medical will expire next month too

Edited by Hahz

Timeline
27 minutes ago, Hahz said:

My husbands was aug 30. They asked him for proof of domicile. After we sent that they sent him this word doc of supplemental questions. Not even a legit form with no seal. We sent that Sept 24 and haven’t heard back since. Every time I try to ask them what the hold up they say it’s hard to predict the time. Each case is diff. We have been married for six years. I do Not get it. They didn’t even ask for his passport. His medical will expire next month too

what country if I can ask?

were there any other red flags?

I know someone married in AP for 20 months they finally called and asked him to redo medical, police certificate and send in passport, it still took them almost 2 months longer to finally have it issued.

8 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

were there any other red flags in your petition?

other then the papers that were asked for at the time did the CO say anything? 

He told my husband that the only problem was that I submitted all the papers from the states and that should have been done from Egypt. There is no such thing as applying from here or there. I was there for vacation so I thought I would save some money and give in the petition and other papers form the states. He told him once I turn in proof of domicile after the interview they would pick up where they left off. Officer was very unprofessional barely knew English or Arabic 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Hahz said:

He told my husband that the only problem was that I submitted all the papers from the states and that should have been done from Egypt. There is no such thing as applying from here or there. I was there for vacation so I thought I would save some money and give in the petition and other papers form the states. He told him once I turn in proof of domicile after the interview they would pick up where they left off. Officer was very unprofessional barely knew English or Arabic 

In April 2018 after I turned in all the papers at that time we had to mail all the papers to NVC I did that, and took off to Egypt to see my husband. I handed him a copy of everything gave him my original birth certificate in case they ask for it and that was that.

When my husband did his interview, he said the man who interviewed him also was unprofessional wouldn't look at him, many time my husband stopped talking because he seemed to not be paying attention, I asked him what he looked like, and compared with others who all had the same experience with the man he described.

I am going to send you a PM maybe the information I will provide might help you.

2 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

In April 2018 after I turned in all the papers at that time we had to mail all the papers to NVC I did that, and took off to Egypt to see my husband. I handed him a copy of everything gave him my original birth certificate in case they ask for it and that was that.

When my husband did his interview, he said the man who interviewed him also was unprofessional wouldn't look at him, many time my husband stopped talking because he seemed to not be paying attention, I asked him what he looked like, and compared with others who all had the same experience with the man he described.

I am going to send you a PM maybe the information I will provide might help you.

Yes thank you please. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.