Meggan P

Should I send these documents?

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I was looking over the packet and wondered if I should send my divorce certificate as well as my husband's (the applicant) What do you guys think?  Couple of questions at the bottom 

Here is what I have so far other than that:

I-485 Packet

copy of passport bio page 

copy of k1 visa and port of entry stamp 

copy of I-94

copy of NOA2

2 passport style photos

Original Marriage Cert with official court seal

Copy of HIS Birth Cert

Copy of Vaccine Record (his medical is still valid)

Copy of utility bill and dental insurance to prove co-habitation Can also get our rental lease if needed 

I-864 packetcopy 

copy of 2017 and 2016 tax transcipts

copy of 2015 tax return and W2

MY Birth Cert

6 months of Pay stubs

copy of E-benefits history of payments to me from the VA 

Letter from employer

I-765 

Copy of Passport Bio page

Copy of K1 and port of entry stamp

Copy of I-94

2 passport style photos

Copy of Marriage Cert (from original)

copy of HIS Birth Cert 

Copy of NOA2

am I missing anything? 

Should I send a letter explaining the Vet payments or send bank statements? I received this money for the Post-911 Gi bill for housing all year except for 3 months as I am a full time student. 

I have a back up co-sponsor if needed who makes 50 k a year with a household of 3. (difficulty acquiring his tax records due to IRS being down for service) will wait to send in if I get an RFE

Thanks!!!

1 minute ago, Meggan P said:

I was looking over the packet and wondered if I should send my divorce certificate as well as my husband's (the applicant) What do you guys think?  Couple of questions at the bottom. Yes you should send all divorce decrees for both of you.

Here is what I have so far other than that:

I-485 Packet

copy of passport bio page 

copy of k1 visa and port of entry stamp 

copy of I-94

copy of NOA2

2 passport style photos

Original Marriage Cert with official court seal photocopy only

Copy of HIS Birth Cert 

Copy of Vaccine Record (his medical is still valid)

Copy of utility bill and dental insurance to prove co-habitation Can also get our rental lease if needed only need MC at this stage, rest is for interview stage.

I-864 packetcopy 

copy of 2017 and 2016 tax transcipts

copy of 2015 tax return and W2

MY Birth Cert 

6 months of Pay stubs

copy of E-benefits history of payments to me from the VA 

Letter from employer

I-765 

Copy of Passport Bio page

Copy of K1 and port of entry stamp

Copy of I-94

2 passport style photos

Copy of Marriage Cert (from original)

copy of HIS Birth Cert

Copy of NOA2

am I missing anything? 

Are you not applying for AP?

Should I send a letter explaining the Vet payments i just mentioned where my "current income" total was derived from in the additional info section ie. current earnings on paystubs plus VA benefits or send bank statements (only if you need your savings to make up for income that doesnt meet the FPGL's)? I received this money for the Post-911 Gi bill for housing all year except for 3 months as I am a full time student. 

I have a back up co-sponsor if needed who makes 50 k a year with a household of 3. (difficulty acquiring his tax records due to IRS being down for service) will wait to send in if I get an RFE

Thanks!!!

Timeline
1 minute ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Okay I thanks for that clarification on the co-habitation documents.

I'll be sure to add my VA benefit explanation to the I-864 document 

No we are not applying for AP, it is likely we would not have the funds for a round trip to England at this time anyway. All our money right now is going into the VISA and to pay off existing debts (nothing in collections just your standard car payment and a small loan)

Ill send two photocopies of the MC. 

thanks for all your help :)

Okay I thanks for that clarification on the co-habitation documents.

I'll be sure to add my VA benefit explanation to the I-864 document 

No we are not applying for AP, it is likely we would not have the funds for a round trip to England at this time anyway. All our money right now is going into the VISA and to pay off existing debts (nothing in collections just your standard car payment and a small loan)

Ill send two photocopies of the MC. 

thanks for all your help :)

Okaaaayyyyy. I just worry about the apocalypse....he wont be able to get back in if we get nuked and have to leave. Just kidding (or am i.....???? 😏)

Timeline

Okaaaayyyyy. I just worry about the apocalypse....he wont be able to get back in if we get nuked and have to leave. Just kidding (or am i.....???? 😏)

LOL He can stay here I am from the south...if the Apocalypse comes we are going to the mountains for a permanent camping trip ;) 

Just now, Meggan P said:

LOL He can stay here I am from the south...if the Apocalypse comes we are going to the mountains for a permanent camping trip ;) 

Cool. Meet you in Gatlinburg? I'm from Cartersville, GA

Timeline
3 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Cool. Meet you in Gatlinburg? I'm from Cartersville, GA

That would be cool We did our honeymoon in Gatlinburg.  We love it up there. I am from Cleveland but live in Chattanooga. Ill teach my husband what it is like to survive in the woods if need be, have been camping all my life :) 

6 minutes ago, Meggan P said:

That would be cool We did our honeymoon in Gatlinburg.  We love it up there. I am from Cleveland but live in Chattanooga. Ill teach my husband what it is like to survive in the woods if need be, have been camping all my life :) 

We married in the mountains in Sevierville in Oct and honeymooned on "the strip" in Pigeon Forge. I'm the Canadian though so I'll have to teach my Merican hubby a thing or two about survival...without his laptop, Playstation, Hulu and Amazon Prime. Did you feel the earthquake a couple of weeks ago?

Timeline

We married in the mountains in Sevierville in Oct and honeymooned on "the strip" in Pigeon Forge. I'm the Canadian though so I'll have to teach my Merican hubby a thing or two about survival...without his laptop, Playstation, Hulu and Amazon Prime. Did you feel the earthquake a couple of weeks ago?

We did not here, nothing going on too much. Ducktown,TN has had a couple I was in one once in the military when i was stationed in D.C we got shockwaves there back in 2011 I think it was. We also had a bad rock slide on parksville road in the smokey mountains..several have happened there..its the area where the 1996 olympics took place. ( i cant believe I remember that i was like 10 years old lol)

We did not here, nothing going on too much. Ducktown,TN has had a couple I was in one once in the military when i was stationed in D.C we got shockwaves there back in 2011 I think it was. We also had a bad rock slide on parksville road in the smokey mountains..several have happened there..its the area where the 1996 olympics took place. ( i cant believe I remember that i was like 10 years old lol)

Was just weird for me because I'm from the west coast where they are common. Thought it was a train derailment at first, lol. 

You're around my husband's age too. I'm....older, lol.

Timeline

Was just weird for me because I'm from the west coast where they are common. Thought it was a train derailment at first, lol. 

You're around my husband's age too. I'm....older, lol.

thats okay my husband is 4 years older than me. Never been on the West coast the closest was vegas for pre-deployment training exercises. Lived in Texas for a bit, Alexandria Va and spent time in 8 different countries 

9 minutes ago, Meggan P said:

thats okay my husband is 4 years older than me. Never been on the West coast the closest was vegas for pre-deployment training exercises. Lived in Texas for a bit, Alexandria Va and spent time in 8 different countries 

Were you Army? AF?

Timeline

Were you Army? AF?

US Navy Hospital Corpsman, Aviation Medicine Technician, 1st stationed in Corpus Christi,TX then at Joint Base Andrews VAQ-209 Star Warriors (No longer located at that base moved to Oak harbor when the Prowler aircraft was decommissioned for the Growler) Did 2 tours with 209 as their squadron doc. 

9 minutes ago, Meggan P said:

US Navy Hospital Corpsman, Aviation Medicine Technician, 1st stationed in Corpus Christi,TX then at Joint Base Andrews VAQ-209 Star Warriors (No longer located at that base moved to Oak harbor when the Prowler aircraft was decommissioned for the Growler) Did 2 tours with 209 as their squadron doc. 

Very cool! Hubby was Navy. USS Abraham Lincoln and the Vicksberg. Dont ask me his ranking though, lol. That was well before my era. If you ever go back to Sevier County though you NEED to hit up the Military memorabilia store in Pigeon Forge. I had to drag him out of there by his ears. 

Timeline
Just now, K1visaHopeful said:

Very cool! Hubby was Navy. USS Abraham Lincoln and the Vicksberg. Dont ask me his ranking though, lol. That was well before my era. If you ever go back to Sevier County though you NEED to hit up the Military memorabilia store in Pigeon Forge. I had to drag him out of there by his ears. 

Lol Ill look into that. That's Awesome :) I loved being a Doc now I go to school to become a PA and put my skills to use here on the civi side. Its def my bed time. Its been nice chatting with you. Thanks again and have a good night! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.