Jump to content

I-751 divorce pending, do I list married or divorced?

4 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I'm using a divorce waiver on I-751, and I've ticked off the good faith marriage box, but in the section on the first page that lists marital status, should I leave that as married since the divorce hasn't been finalized?


Then in the box that says "If the marriage through which you gained conditional residence has ended, provide the date it ended (date of divorce, or date of death), should I put that as n/a since we are only seperated, or should I put the separation date?


Plz help, thx

Edited by TrufflePiggy

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would put divorced and put tbd since you're filing with a divorce waiver and have started the proceedings.  Include a note about it in your cover letter. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.