cross_the_river

K1 AOS Interview - DS-3025 or I-693? PLEASE HELP!

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Hey guys!
I've read almost over 100 posts/questions/answers about this topic on Visa Journey but still it's SO CONFUSING! 

I came to US by K1 Visa and we filed for my AOS within one year
of my overseas medical examination. On my DS-3025 form the box "US Vaccination Requirements COMPELETE." is marked!
But I did not get Influenza shot because it wasn't the flu season when I had my Medical Exam overseas.
And I did not get Varicella (Chickenpox) shot either because it wasn't available in the country I had my Visa Interview. (I haven't had it as a kid either)

We did not get any RFE  for my AOS and our Interview got scheduled recently.
Now my question is should I still get those 2 missing shots and fill the form I-693 by a Civil Surgeon while on my DS-3025 the "COMPELETE" box is marked?

I tried to find someone with similar experience on VJ but there was no success!
I even tried to find a doctor who only fills the vaccination parts on the form I-693, but they all say they need to do the whole medical exam! and it costs A LOT!!

I wish I could find an answer! 
Thank you!

45 minutes ago, cross_the_river said:

Hey guys!
I've read almost over 100 posts/questions/answers about this topic on Visa Journey but still it's SO CONFUSING! 

I came to US by K1 Visa and we filed for my AOS within one year
of my overseas medical examination. On my DS-3025 form the box "US Vaccination Requirements COMPELETE." is marked!
But I did not get Influenza shot because it wasn't the flu season when I had my Medical Exam overseas.
And I did not get Varicella (Chickenpox) shot either because it wasn't available in the country I had my Visa Interview. (I haven't had it as a kid either)

We did not get any RFE  for my AOS and our Interview got scheduled recently.
Now my question is should I still get those 2 missing shots and fill the form I-693 by a Civil Surgeon while on my DS-3025 the "COMPELETE" box is marked?

I tried to find someone with similar experience on VJ but there was no success!
I even tried to find a doctor who only fills the vaccination parts on the form I-693, but they all say they need to do the whole medical exam! and it costs A LOT!!

I wish I could find an answer! 
Thank you!

Capital N-O!!!

You do not need the vaccines nor do you need an I693. 

Your Ds3025 is marked complete because it IS complete. Your medical is valid because the day you did your medical you received all of the vaccinations that you needed AND that you COULD THAT DAY based on availability/season in your case. 

It does not matter WHEN you get your interview. The vaccination record is valid according to the DAY you received the medical. 

Ie pregnant lady cant get her second dose of MMR on day of medical. She receives a waiver on her DS3025 because it's not safe for her to get. Her DS3025 is marked complete because it is complete on the day she completes her medical. An IO cant make her get a second dose even if shes no longer pregnant at the interview. Why? Because her vaccination record was complete on the day she had her medical. She couldnt not obtain any further vaccines THAT DAY. It doesn't matter when she gets the interview.

Ie. You did not receive the flu vaccine because it wasnt flu season when you did your medical. Just because it is flu season when you get your interview, the IO cannot make you get a flu vaccine because WHEN you did your medical IT WASN'T flu season. You fulfilled the vaccination requirements that were available on THE DAY OF your medical. Therefore you fulfilled the vaccination requirements. 

PS and get the vaccines if you want for YOURSELF. But you do not need to spend a penny on a Civil Surgeon. 

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.