Jump to content
letitgo

Moving/shipping from Canada to USA

5 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, letitgo said:

Hello there,

I am moving to US and need to send my belongings there. 

what is the best way and also cheapest way to send the everything to US from Canada?

I appreciate if you share your experience. 

 

Thanks

Hello, 

 

we will be in the process of moving all of our stuff back to the US in about 9-10 months. But, if it is anything like when we moved all our stuff up here to Canada we used a freight company. It was about $3500 CAD. It arrived about 2 weeks after we shipped it. It was dropped of at a customs warehouse near the airport here in Alberta. No damage. Nothing was missing. Personally, I think we will do this again. I’ve priced out a U-Haul truck and it’s about the same price, except for the cost of gas. 

Also, we were to have an itemized list of every single box and the items it contained when we arrived to pick it up.

 

Not sure it’ll be the same deal going to USA - hopefully. Good luck 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/29/2018 at 11:42 PM, letitgo said:

Hello there,

I am moving to US and need to send my belongings there. 

what is the best way and also cheapest way to send the everything to US from Canada?

I appreciate if you share your experience. 

 

Thanks

I am wondering the same thing. Planing to move in February. I don't have too too much stuff.. maybe 4-5 boxes extra boxes in addition to a car load. Thinking to look into purolator or renting a trailer to attach to my car. I have heard train is good for a larger move...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/3/2019 at 10:44 AM, JennOnline said:

I am wondering the same thing. Planing to move in February. I don't have too too much stuff.. maybe 4-5 boxes extra boxes in addition to a car load. Thinking to look into purolator or renting a trailer to attach to my car. I have heard train is good for a larger move...

I used chitchats. Waiting for the boxes to get there. I had only 3 big boxes. The rest I will take in the luggages. The best size is 16 by 16 by 18. Mine was bigger and paid more. But didnt have time to redo them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, letitgo said:

I used chitchats. Waiting for the boxes to get there. I had only 3 big boxes. The rest I will take in the luggages. The best size is 16 by 16 by 18. Mine was bigger and paid more. But didnt have time to redo 

I will look them up. Good luck with your move.Thanks alot for the info and can you post know how delivery goes? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×