HelloAm

2nd Letter

4 posts in this topic

Hello,

I sent all the required scanned documents almost 8 weeks ago to “kccdvdocuments at state dot gov” before the system update that was applied on Thursday, Nov. 8th, 2018. However, I have not received the 2NL although my case number is current for February 2019.

I have known from some other 2019 DV-selectees that they have already received the 2NL on Friday, Dec. 28th around 4 pm GMT.

Thus, here, I am just asking about your opinion concerning my situation provided that my case number is current for February interviews.

Please, advise if I should do anything soon to help with regards to my interview appointment date?

1. What would be the reason if my case was delayed to March or even later, please? The KCC did not send me an email asking for more documents, and at the same time, KCC did not send me any confirmation that my documents were completely processed. Is it possible that KCC may delay a case without a reason?! I can not understand the reason for my situation at all!
  2. Would it be of value to call KCC? or it will be just talking with one of the representatives whose opinion would be of general nature rather than case-specific information?
  3. I did not receive any emails from KCC after I sent my scanned copies, and KCC said it is not a must to receive any messages from them before the 2NL because I sent the scanned copies before the system update that produces the auto-replies and the confirmation letters!!

Thanks in advance for your urgent advice to, hopefully, avoid any delay in my interview, which is supposed to be expected within February 2019.

Appreciate it!

what is your (approx) case number? what embassy will you be interviewing at? When did you submit your DS260?

kcc should at least be able to tell you if your interview has been delayed if you call them. Not all 2NLs go out at the same time either, so it’s possible you just need to be patient a few more days (note: working days. Don’t forget 1 Jan is a holiday.)

(by the way, I assume you have actually checked the DV ESC website for a letter and are not just waiting for an email, and that you have checked your spam folders?)

Edited by SusieQQQ

Filed: Other Country: Sri Lanka
Timeline

Hi,

My case will also be current on Feb. However i havent got 2NL as well. 

However i submitted all the documents on December and got an email from KCC stating that i have submitted all the documents and completed the DS-260.  If you havent got a confirmation email from KCC, it must be that they are waiting for some docs from you.

Not sure your region though, my one is AS43XX range and from Colombo.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Other Country: Sri Lanka
Timeline

I still havent got my 2NL too, even my number is current on February. 

When i email KCC, they sent following. :(

I think they are affected due to Government Shutdown. 

"Records indicate you have submitted a complete and valid DS-260 application for each family member, and you have provided all required documentation to the Kentucky Consular Center.  Interviews are scheduled numerically based on case numbers that have completed processing.  Interviews for the DV 2019 program will begin in October 2018 and conclude on September 30, 2019.  Please refer to the visa bulletin athttp://www.travel.state.gov to locate the current numbers being processed.  This bulletin is updated after the 15th day of each month.  Once an interview date has been scheduled, you will receive notification via email to check http://www.dvlottery.state.gov.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.