Dave&Kal

Both applicants with the same original docs

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I just noticed, since my wife and i have been scheduled for the interview on the same day and same time, assuming we are not going to see the same interviewer together at the same time,  what happens  if we are called to see 2 different interviewers ( let's say the same time) while we both share the same single original documents ( meaning we have only one original document ) , such as our kids' birth certificates! i mean if she takes the documents with her, then i wont have them with me to present when requested! i was just wondering if anything like this was anywhere discussed or any one knows how this will be handled.

Edited by Dave&Kal

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Dave&Kal said:

I just noticed, since my wife and i have been scheduled for the interview on the same day and same time, assuming we are not going to see the same interviewer together at the same time,  what happens  if we are called to see 2 different interviewers ( let's say the same time) while we both share the same single original documents ( meaning we have only one original document ) , such as our kids' birth certificates! i mean if she takes the documents with her, then i wont have them with me to present when requested! i was just wondering if anything like this was anywhere discussed or any one knows how this will be handled.

We had two complete sets of original documents when we had our IR5 interviews...each packet had to be complete and stand alone 

Timeline
11 hours ago, Lil bear said:

We had two complete sets of original documents when we had our IR5 interviews...each packet had to be complete and stand alone 

Doesnt make sense to me. I mean some documents are just issued once and if replacement is requested, the initial one is considered void!  Also original documents issued in multiple countries can not easily be repreduced ! There should be another way, like on the day of interview we talk to someone and have them see and verify the documents before the interview and issue a note certifying the presence of documents or to be called seperately with some delay in between so that when one is done with the interview , then the second person is called and the documents to be handed to the next person.  I mean there should be some way!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
57 minutes ago, Dave&Kal said:

Doesnt make sense to me. I mean some documents are just issued once and if replacement is requested, the initial one is considered void!  Also original documents issued in multiple countries can not easily be repreduced ! There should be another way, like on the day of interview we talk to someone and have them see and verify the documents before the interview and issue a note certifying the presence of documents or to be called seperately with some delay in between so that when one is done with the interview , then the second person is called and the documents to be handed to the next person.  I mean there should be some way!

You never have the original of things Iike birth marraige divorce or death certificates. The “original” is held by the issuing authority... what you get from the authority is a “certified “ copy..and it is often referred to as an “original “ . of which you can have multiples.. if you pay for them.. 

I brought 6 certified copies of birth and marraige certificates when we immigrated for this very reason.. much more difficult to obtain when no longer residing in the issuing country 

another alternate for you would be to request to change one of your interviews to another day 

Timeline

This is an update to my situation so far, putting down the findings in here for any one who might later on run into such situation.

I contacted USCIS regarding this issue, and i was advised in such case, simply when we sign in the office,  we should let the officer know about we both having interview with single copy of the original documents and they can accommodate us with that.  ( i guess that would be like what i thought first, meaning, one of us would be called for the interview first and when done, the second one would be called in, or if we both happen to be interviewed in different rooms , they can arrange some one collect the documents from one room to the other , but the first idea seems more practical)

So no need to spend extra hard earned money on duplicate copies of documents that you already have!

There is also another option known as " True copy"  and UCIS agent confirmed that could also be accepted ( but i still go with the first option) . Here in the state of NY, there is something like that, as the public notary office clarified ( i talked to few minutes ago) , which is you make a photo copy of the original document and in front of the public notary under document you write and sign that this copy is a true copy of the original ( something like that) and the notary public certifies your signature! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.