StevieJ

Wife's Passport Lost/Stolen

7 posts in this topic

Hey guys-- So i'm beginning the CR-1 process.  We were married on 12-18-18.

She is from Manila. We most recently made trips to Thailand/Vietnam/Cambodia and had those stamps in our passport. 

I also just spent 3 weeks in Manila. I have those stamps. Her passport was stolen/lost; we can't find it. She won't have any stamps on her passport as proof of the trip abroad if she gets a new one. She will, however, have my surname on her new passport. 

Do you think this is really suspicious or that we will have a problem because she won't have those corresponding stamps for the out of country trips together? 

Thanks for any help!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

NO problem at all.  Do you have boarding passes or itineraries?  Boarding passes are actual evidence, while itineraries are not but if you passed through the PI during those trips, they won't question it.  Congratulations!

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

12 hours ago, pushbrk said:

NO problem at all.  Do you have boarding passes or itineraries?  Boarding passes are actual evidence, while itineraries are not but if you passed through the PI during those trips, they won't question it.  Congratulations!

Hey man, thanks for the response. And thanks for the congratulations!

The first Trip--

She took a plane from Manila ALONE to Thailand / I took a plane from US to Thailand. We flew to Vietnam / Cambodia from there. Boarding passes for all.

The second Trip-- 

I just flew to Manila and we took a trip to Boracay. We also have the boarding passes to Boracay. 

So more or less i'll have the stamps, she won't. However, we'll have all the boarding passes. 

So, in your opinion, should be probably ok?

Timeline
2 hours ago, StevieJ said:

So, in your opinion, should be probably ok?

Yes, but you would probably also be OK without them.  No passport stamps for Boracay anyway.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

1 hour ago, pushbrk said:

Yes, but you would probably also be OK without them.  No passport stamps for Boracay anyway.

Since you seem pretty knowledgeable....

I had one more quick question. When i'm putting things in my packet like Divorce Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Birth Certificate-- Does it have to be the original? Can i just submit copies of those documents in the initial submission? 

It's a headache to get more copies of those documents. 

thanks again!

Timeline
12 minutes ago, StevieJ said:

Since you seem pretty knowledgeable....

I had one more quick question. When i'm putting things in my packet like Divorce Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Birth Certificate-- Does it have to be the original? Can i just submit copies of those documents in the initial submission? 

It's a headache to get more copies of those documents. 

thanks again!

The above question indicates you have not yet carefully studied the I-130 instructions.  Doing so will be critical to your ultimate success.  Those instructions are quite clear on this subject.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.