jhigareda41

TB DIAGNOSIS positive, what now?!!

3 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I have my interview January 3rd at embassy in Mexico. I know that the medical examiner there will check for TB but I wanted to be proactive and take a clearance note from my doctor. I currently live in the US and have since I was brought at the age of 2. A brief history, as a kid I had a reaction to the TB skin test, and since then have always had clear xrays my whole life. Last year December of 2017 for the first time i had a blood test done Quantiferon gold for TB instead of xrays. My results came negative doctor said I was TB free. Fast forward a year to this week, I had my blood work done again and the results came back positive. I was shocked, I told the doctor that I was fighting a cold/sore throat when I went to get blood work done. She said that due to my history there is a strong indication that the results are a false positive and asked me to retest in 2 weeks. HOWEVER, we will be in Mexico in the next couple days. Can someone please share experiences or knowledge based on TB testing. What would likely be the outcome if I test positive again in mexico for blood work but have a clear chest x-ray?? Would I be allowed to come back to the states? I am the sole provider for my wife and son who are us citizens and staying abroad would be devastating for our family,  we would lose everything our home,  car, my job ( high school teacher). 

I am praying to God that this was a false positive , I know it is!! Please help,  prayers,  advice,  anything.  😔💔

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I always test positive for a skin test, as would anyone from the UK, we are inoculated.

I am sure that there are many other Countries where inoculation is common or the norm.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

The TB skin test is not diagnostic; it is only for screening.  LOTS of people test positive per skin test, with no evidence of TB on Xray.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.