trodeback

[k1] Documents at NVC, what can I do next?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Documents accepted by NVC on Dec 2nd. Called the NVC and was able to get MNL # and Invoice ID. Not sure what we should do next. From what we've read online the documents will be sent to the Manila Embassy. Not sure if my fiance can/should fill out the DS-160 form? I looked up my MNL number and it says the documents are still at the NVC as of Dec 19. Just unsure if we need to do anything for the documents to be sent to Manila. Fiance would like to schedule a medical exam and interview ASAP if she can. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 minutes ago, trodeback said:

Documents accepted by NVC on Dec 2nd. Called the NVC and was able to get MNL # and Invoice ID. Not sure what we should do next. From what we've read online the documents will be sent to the Manila Embassy. Not sure if my fiance can/should fill out the DS-160 form? I looked up my MNL number and it says the documents are still at the NVC as of Dec 19. Just unsure if we need to do anything for the documents to be sent to Manila. Fiance would like to schedule a medical exam and interview ASAP if she can. 

You don't need to do anything with NVC to move the petition.   It should go next week to Manila and should be in Manila right around the first of the year depending on the day NVC ships.   They normally ship on every other Tues but the next shipping Tues is Christmas day so anybody's guess will they ship Monday or Wednesday next week 

No appointment needed for medical it is walking only 

You can setup your account and prepare the ds160 but the form takes maybe 60 minutes to do 

You can pay the visa fee but you cannot schedule an appointment until your case says ready 

Soonest appointment right now is 1 24 but they are going fast

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, trodeback said:

Email them and get a reply or your MNL#, or simply wait for the letter to arrive .. your fiancee will need that if you plan to complete the medical before scheduling the interview.

NVC info:  http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/nvc-k-1.html

Now that you have the MNL# what is next?

Next:   http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/k-1-visa-application.html

You can complete the DS-160,   print out a copy of the confirmation page as the embassy will want that.

You can pay the visa fee at BPI.   

You can complete the medical at SLEC if you have the NVC letter/email  OR  the interview confirmation page.

Once your status on the CEAC website shows READY you can schedule the interview.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.