marriedguy

Got RFE I am worried :(

47 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, marriedguy said:

She is not interested to be a citizen.

ok, this makes more sense now, and still seems weird.

so you are married. you don't share finances. you bought property for her outside of US, she is out of the country for long stretches of time.

this looks like she's not interested in permanent residence here (which is consistent with not wanting to be a citizen).

not to mention, she'd rather be without you than with you. 

just an observation

Filed: Timeline
2 minutes ago, implife said:

ok, this makes more sense now, and still seems weird.

so you are married. you don't share finances. you bought property for her outside of US, she is out of the country for long stretches of time.

this looks like she's not interested in permanent residence here (which is consistent with not wanting to be a citizen).

not to mention, she'd rather be without you than with you. 

just an observation

No she hates being there without me. We are just fixing our houses there, also her mom is sick. That is all.

Edited by marriedguy

Just now, marriedguy said:

No she hates being there without me. We are just working on our houses there, also her mom is sick. That is all.

OK, even if I believe you, your goal is get USCIS to believe you. I personally don't care one way or another (except that I am positive that investing in ukrainian real estate is a very bad idea).

From what you're describing, your wife is not residing in the States. Did you consider perhaps moving to Ukraine?

1 minute ago, implife said:

OK, even if I believe you, your goal is get USCIS to believe you. I personally don't care one way or another (except that I am positive that investing in ukrainian real estate is a very bad idea).

From what you're describing, your wife is not residing in the States. Did you consider perhaps moving to Ukraine?

Yes we have plans to move to Ukraine in couple of years.

So that it will be easy for both of us, if we want to visit family here.

And with the situation in Ukraine, never know when war can start. So want to wait couple of years.

3 minutes ago, implife said:

Good detective work, implife! (patting myself on the back)

Sooooo, why the hell does she need a green card?

(dude don't move to Ukraine, you're nuts!)

I lived in Kiev for couple of years. I had no problems.

2 minutes ago, marriedguy said:

I am just worried about the bank account now.

I will submit with what I have.

I am a idiot for not opening a bank account, don't know what I was thinking :(

Submit what you can.

As I said, I'd be more concerned with your wife residing abroad. I think that's the real issue. Good luck.

Edited by implife

2 hours ago, marriedguy said:

After this trip she is not going any where.

If worse comes to worse get a good lawyer.

For Port of Entry remind her to not sign a Form I-407! https://dyanwilliamslaw.com/2015/01/how-to-avoid-unintentionally-abandoning-your-u-s-residency-6-critical-steps/:

6. Be prepared to explain the temporary purpose of your trip abroad and avoid signing a Form I-407 at the port of entry

As a LPR she has rights.

• 1 month later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.