2018croz

DCF in France--submit documents to NVC?

4 posts in this topic

Hello helpful community!

I'm about half-way through the CR1 visa application process through Direct Consulat Filing at the US Embassy in Paris for my husband, who is French (I'm a US citizen). Everything was pretty clear and going smoothly until now, we're completely lost as to what the next step is. Did anyone file recently at this consulate, and if so, when/where/how did you submit your I-184, financial and civil docs after submitting the DS-260?? Did you send them to the NVC?

To recap our situation:

Oct 17: We submitted our I-130 petition in person at the US Embassy (we had previously gotten approved for filing directly due to exceptional circumstance)

Oct 31: We received an email from the embassy saying the petition had been approved and instructing us to: ""Complete you DS-260, gather the full documentation, and register your appointment." There was a case number beginning with PRS in the email.

Nov 25: We submitted the DS-260 online via the CEAC portal. Unless we missed something major, there was NOT a tab for uploading the I-184, financial documents, nor civil documents.

We received the Confirmation email that the DS-260 had been submitted. This email said we had to submit the financial and civil documents for the NVC for review and directed us to this website (excerpt from letter below:  

1725651158_ScreenShot2018-12-10at4_06_46PM.png.cfc292d863ae04b056897eab99a57b2a.png

I thought with DCF we never dealt with the NVC... we only got an email from the embassy, no welcome  from the NVC and we don't have an invoice number nor any fees. Moreover, on the CEAC tracker, though, our status is marked as "Ready" and says to wait for appointment notification:

642795991_ceacstatustrack.png.3ff6c1b0d5b62574ade604b9d9e370c5.png

So, are we supposed to:

A) Do nothing just wait to hear from the Consulate in Paris?

B) Email documents to NVCelectronic@state.gov ?

C) Mail them to National Visa Center Attn: DR31 Rochester Ave. Suite 100 Portsmouth, NH  03801-2914 ?

D) Something else?

Anyone who has been through this process recently and can tell us what steps they had to take would be most appreciated! From what I've seem in other threads, DCF people just bring their documents to their interview, but it seems every embassy is a little different so I'm not sure what to do. Thank you!!!

Oddly enough, someone just submitted a similar question regarding the London embassy very recently, here's the thread . In short, a lot of the automated messaging is not built to handle DCF. You'll get a letter with better instructions, which should be to take the I864 and other docs to your interview as is customary with DCF>

DCF Mexico

06/04/2017: Married

06/24/2017: Mailed I-130

06/27/2017: NOA1 (technically a RFE as we were missing beneficiary ID)

07/06/2017: NOA2

07/12/2017: Case assigned by Juarez embassy

07/17/2017: Packet 3 received

08/15/2017: Interview/Approval!

08/22/2017: Visa received via DHL

09/03/2017: POE

09/16/2017: Permanent Resident Card received

Total days from NOA1 to approval: 49

I wrote a DCF Mexico guide! http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php?title=DCF_Mexico

Thanks for the reply and directing me to the other thread! It's disconcerting to receive contradictory instructions...

If anyone has experience doing DCF at the Embassy in France would love to hear what your process was like. I'll update when we hear more.

Just wanted to update--we received the appointment letter via email today! This letter has full instructions and says to bring the documentation to the appointment, not to send it anywhere.

So the NVC was never involved. Like you said, the confirmation page had generic instructions that didn't apply to our case. Too bad that the initial email from the Consulate doesn't mention we should ignore instructions having to do with the NVC, that would have been helpful....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.