fowl2103

Case Transfer to London Embassy Questions

6 posts in this topic

Hello all, I've been trying to find information about experiences with transfering visa cases to the London Embassy as I have some questions (ours is a K1).

Any advice/experiences would be appreciated (N.B: I have messaged London E already, but have yet to recieve any answers):
1) When transferring the case over, can this be done when filling out the DS160, OR do e-mails need to be sent to both embassies? 
2) I've been travelling in Asia but am a British citizen, were there any problems with eligibility?
- (such as needing to stay in the UK for 6+ months before being resident again etc.) I called the goverment office who said all I needed was to be back in the country. 
3) Is this new GP summary required? I won't be registered with a GP? Would telling them the truth be sufficient enough?
4) Are co-sponsors still allowed for K1 visas? We are transferring because our original embassy does not accept them (using petitioners father, fiance still a student).
5) Is there a chance London can decline the transfer due to backlogs or just too many cases? 
Thank you very much in advance! 

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I'll answer what I can.

3. I've heard it's required, you're best off phoning/emailing Knightsbridge to ask.

4. Yes, bring both I134s, they only asked for my fiancés fathers W2. I brought a ton of stuff on both of their banking/spending and tax forms. It can vary what they take, so be careful and bring all you can. 

4 hours ago, DeclanW said:

I'll answer what I can.

3. I've heard it's required, you're best off phoning/emailing Knightsbridge to ask.

4. Yes, bring both I134s, they only asked for my fiancés fathers W2. I brought a ton of stuff on both of their banking/spending and tax forms. It can vary what they take, so be careful and bring all you can. 

Thank you very much. Will make a call to Knightsbridge and look at everything I need to bring for the sponsor very carefully!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
9 hours ago, fowl2103 said:

Any advice/experiences would be appreciated (N.B: I have messaged London E already, but have yet to recieve any answers):
1) When transferring the case over, can this be done when filling out the DS160, OR do e-mails need to be sent to both embassies? 
2) I've been travelling in Asia but am a British citizen, were there any problems with eligibility?
- (such as needing to stay in the UK for 6+ months before being resident again etc.) I called the goverment office who said all I needed was to be back in the country. 
3) Is this new GP summary required? I won't be registered with a GP? Would telling them the truth be sufficient enough?
4) Are co-sponsors still allowed for K1 visas? We are transferring because our original embassy does not accept them (using petitioners father, fiance still a student).
5) Is there a chance London can decline the transfer due to backlogs or just too many cases? 
Thank you very much in advance! 

1) I asked before, where is your case file now so I don't have to give three different answers. If your case was already sent to another embassy, the procedure is to request that London accept your case. London then contacts the other embassy to request the file be sent to London. 

2) There is no residency requirements that I am aware of. You are British. 

3) Call/email Knightsbridge. I think they may require you to bring something from a GP that states you have no records.

4) Yes to co-sponsors. That is actually a misnomer. They simply want a sponsor and it does not have to be the fiancé. One 1-134 from the person with enough income.

5) I don't think so because you are a British citizen. It is your "home" embassy. 

Edited by Wuozopo

24 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

1) I asked before, where is your case file now so I don't have to give three different answers. If your case was already sent to another embassy, the procedure is to request that London accept your case. London then contacts the other embassy to request the file be sent to London. 

2) There is no residency requirements that I am aware of. You are British. 

3) Call/email Knightsbridge. I think they may require you to bring something from a GP that states you have no records.

4) Yes to co-sponsors. That is actually a misnomer. They simply want a sponsor and it does not have to be the fiancé. One 1-134 from the person with enough income.

5) I don't think so because you are a British citizen. It is your "home" embassy. 

Not meaning to have you repeat yourself, as you may you know thinking about all of these things is a process.

- My case hasn't been sent to the embassy yet, it is still pending a response from an RFE. Not sure who to contact before it gets sent to the embassy.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
2 hours ago, fowl2103 said:

Not meaning to have you repeat yourself, as you may you know thinking about all of these things is a process.

- My case hasn't been sent to the embassy yet, it is still pending a response from an RFE. Not sure who to contact before it gets sent to the embassy.

If at USCIS, then get them to change embassy so it goes straight to London and not the embassy your wrote on the petition.  Easiest place to change, then no request of transfer. Just may be difficult to get the message to the proper one that can make that change. Try to work up from the call center who answers to somebody supervisory. Tell them you moved and are no longer in ???.

Edited by Wuozopo

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.