Jump to content

Paternal mane (otchestvo/fathers name) on green card

1 post in this topic

Recommended Posts

This question is mostly for east European members.

I have SSN, Driving licence with my name and surname, no middle name or paternal name.

In my Russian passport I have in English just my name and surname, but in Russian language I also have paternal mane - name of my father, which is not my mid name.

During interview officer said, that I have to put this name on GK, and refused not doing it, so I received my GK with my fathers name. My kids cases were reviewed by other officer and they have just name and surname on it.


So now I am confused, are my ssn and DL ok? is my GK ok, because my passport shows different name in it. Should I change my GK and how to do it?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...