youandme13

Affidavit of Support I-864

14 posts in this topic

Hi, just wanna ask again.. About the affidavit of support my husband filed. Then on my interview letter, its one of the requirements that's needed, so my question is, do i have to bring the actual hard copy of that affidavit or is it fine if he will just send me a copy of it through email? 

And one more thing, my husband has an updated income now than during the time he filed that affidavit, so should i bring the updated one? 

I hope someoen could help. Thank you 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 hours ago, shinturner13 said:

Hi, just wanna ask again.. About the affidavit of support my husband filed. Then on my interview letter, its one of the requirements that's needed, so my question is, do i have to bring the actual hard copy of that affidavit or is it fine if he will just send me a copy of it through email? 

And one more thing, my husband has an updated income now than during the time he filed that affidavit, so should i bring the updated one? 

I hope someoen could help. Thank you 

I answered this in your other post, but will add it hear also. 

Have him email you a newly signed I-864 (if the embassy requests an original during the interview you will have to provide that, but you just may slide by .. others have).   You have a copy of his most recent tax return and W2?

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

38 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Have him email you a newly signed I-864 (if the embassy requests an original during the interview you will have to provide that, but you just may slide by .. others have).   You have a copy of his most recent tax return and W2?

Okay, so it's the updated I-864 they wanted to have? Because the one he use when he filed did not meet the minimum income in the poverty guidelines, but he has an updated now since he got a  better job few months ago, so im wondering  what should i bring. We were thinking to have a joint sponsor which is his parents if they want the old I-684. What do u think? 

Thnx..for the answer. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, youandme13 said:

Okay, so it's the updated I-864 they wanted to have? Because the one he use when he filed did not meet the minimum income in the poverty guidelines, but he has an updated now since he got a  better job few months ago, so im wondering  what should i bring. We were thinking to have a joint sponsor which is his parents if they want the old I-684. What do u think? 

Thnx..for the answer. 

New job .. you will want a letter from the employer stating details.  Copies of pay statements also.

If the new employment meets the poverty guidelines you should be fine.  If you want to use a co-sponsor they will have to complete separate i-864/copy of tax return/w2

https://www.uscis.gov/i-864p

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

21 hours ago, Hank_ said:

New job .. you will want a letter from the employer stating details.  Copies of pay statements also.

If the new employment meets the poverty guidelines you should be fine.  If you want to use a co-sponsor they will have to complete separate i-864/copy of tax return/w2

Hi hank, 

So the updated i-864 is fine? I'm worried because it was not the income status we sent to NVC, I am so confuse right now 😐😔

Timeline
13 minutes ago, youandme13 said:

Hi hank, 

So the updated i-864 is fine? I'm worried because it was not the income status we sent to NVC, I am so confuse right now 😐😔

Yes it is fine to have an updated I-864 for the embassy, especially if the income has increased to removed the need for a co-sponsor.  :thumbs:  

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

On 12/2/2018 at 10:31 PM, Hank_ said:

Hi Hank, he doesn't have the tax return for last year (2017) because of certain reasons, school and going here in the PH. Should i just bring the one from 2016?

Thank you. 

Timeline
41 minutes ago, youandme13 said:

Hi Hank, he doesn't have the tax return for last year (2017) because of certain reasons, school and going here in the PH. Should i just bring the one from 2016?

Thank you. 

You could, but you need to provide current proof of income for the interview.   How did you address this lack of income for 2017 with NVC for Affidavit of Support ? < Employer letter and pay stubs?

Embassy may ask for a letter explaining why there is no tax return for 2017.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

7 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

You could, but you need to provide current proof of income for the interview.   How did you address this lack of income for 2017 with NVC for Affidavit of Support ? < Employer letter and pay stubs?

Embassy may ask for a letter explaining why there is no tax return for 2017.

He attached the letter of explanation why he doesn't have the income. 

So I'll just bring that letter to embassy then? 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, youandme13 said:

He attached the letter of explanation why he doesn't have the income. 

So I'll just bring that letter to embassy then? 

Yes bring the letter.

Does he have pay statements for 2018 to establish current income?   (very soon he will have his 2018 W2 and he could file his return)    Embassy could ask for a co-sponsor if the income isn't there.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

14 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Yes bring the letter.

Does he have pay statements for 2018 to establish current income?   (very soon he will have his 2018 W2 and he could file his return)    Embassy could ask for a co-sponsor if the income isn't there.

Do you mean like the wage report from the company he is working? He has some pay slip too. Will that be enough? 

Timeline
23 minutes ago, youandme13 said:

Do you mean like the wage report from the company he is working? He has some pay slip too. Will that be enough? 

Yes, pay stubs, pay statements whatever they are called .. you need evidence of income to meet the poverty guidelines or expect the embassy to request a co-sponsor.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

On 12/3/2018 at 9:51 AM, Hank_ said:

Yes it is fine to have an updated I-864 for the embassy, especially if the income has increased to removed the need for a co-sponsor.  :thumbs:  

I have a question about joint sponsor, my brother is my joint sponsor do I have to write no objection letter for him for him saying that I have no objection for him to become joint sponsor and also does he have to get no objection letter from his wife too.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.